Frank Lombardi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Lombardi

Is about to lose two straight games to interim coaches with the playoffs on the line.

P.S. I like Reich but have always thought the secret mastermind label was absurd.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

I'm confused. I thought that if you gave Wentz a great coach, a great OL and the best RB in the league, he'd look like an MVP again. I suppose that it's once again the coach's fault for asking an NFL QB to throw the ball sometimes.

Comment

The team let Carson down.
      Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
        The team let Carson down.
        Reich maybe fired like Gomer,,it 's all Wentz world...

Comment

Wentz is this decade’s Andy Dalton.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Vermouth View Post
            Wentz is this decade’s Andy Dalton.
            Give me Daulton in a heartbeat over this bum. The Rams and Eagles both got these(Goff/Wentz) bums off their teams and are currently in the playoffs.

Comment

I wonder what Frank is thinking today. He’s not Lombardi, but certainly not a bad coach. Gotta think he is concerned about the qb position going forward.
              ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                I'm confused. I thought that if you gave Wentz a great coach, a great OL and the best RB in the league, he'd look like an MVP again. I suppose that it's once again the coach's fault for asking an NFL QB to throw the ball sometimes.
                Don't forget the awesome defense. Dude's a loser. Flat out.
                DB

Comment

Reich is a really good to great coach but the real mastermind stuff always rubbed me wrong too. I know there is context(schedule, injuries, etc) but Wentz joined an 11-5 team in their SB window and they got worse. The 4-11-1 rebuilding Eagles improved to 9 wins - with a QB at a fraction of the cost(and drama).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
                    Reich is a really good to great coach but the real mastermind stuff always rubbed me wrong too. I know there is context(schedule, injuries, etc) but Wentz joined an 11-5 team in their SB window and they got worse. The 4-11-1 rebuilding Eagles improved to 9 wins - with a QB at a fraction of the cost(and drama).
                    It was always a symptom of defend Wentz at all costs syndrome. The following season, without Reich, Foles came in and the offense put up 30 points in two straight games against playoff teams. The only playoff team they had beaten all season was Indy in the midst of a 1-5 start. The only team they had put up 30 against was a Giants team that was phoning it in, something they've done 9/10 years.

You and me have both said this, but the weirdest thing Wentz stans ever did was get mad any time their QB was asked to throw the ball. The Eagles fans who said we didn't deserve Wentz, rooted against Hurts, and cared more about being right about Wentz than the Eagles winning were an interesting breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post
                      I wonder what Frank is thinking today. He’s not Lombardi, but certainly not a bad coach. Gotta think he is concerned about the qb position going forward.
                      And tied to that, concerned about his own job security. Playoffs on the line and they lose to not-great teams, with interim coaches, back to back games. His seat will be warm. And as of right now, his future as a coach is in the hands of Carson Wentz.

Odds that they draft a QB in rounds 2-3, or bring in a Minshew type? And how does Wentz react? If history tells us anything...

Comment

You and me have both said this, but the weirdest thing Wentz stans ever did was get mad any time their QB was asked to throw the ball. The Eagles fans who said we didn't deserve Wentz, rooted against Hurts, and cared more about being right about Wentz than the Eagles winning were an interesting breed.
                        Underrated part of yesterday's result: shutting these people up. And hopefully opening their eyes. Yesterday was proof that Wentz just isn't good enough to pine over, regardless of where the birds are or anything else. He's not the hypothetical-potential super version of Wentz that people dreamed up in 16-17. He is who he is.

Comment

It was always a symptom of defend Wentz at all costs syndrome. The following season, without Reich, Foles came in and the offense put up 30 points in two straight games against playoff teams. The only playoff team they had beaten all season was Indy in the midst of a 1-5 start. The only team they had put up 30 against was a Giants team that was phoning it in, something they've done 9/10 years.

He’s now worse off than he was at the end of last season. Last year he could ask for sympathy and because most fans hate the Eagles, Lurie, Howie and our fan base, he got it. It was kind of like when Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes left town. After yesterday’s failure he’s got nowhere to hide. The fans hate him. He’s lucky if he gets one more chance next year, but he hasn’t figured it out in six seasons so who believes he will next year.
                          Last edited by RSE; 01-10-2022, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X