Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody watch Kurt Warner’s analysis of Wentz’s play Sunday on youtube.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody watch Kurt Warner’s analysis of Wentz’s play Sunday on youtube.

It’s a long watch if you want to see the whole thing. Warner in his polite way completely fillets Wentz. You get the full Wentz picture — poor mechanics, lousy reads, hero ball. The very first play showing Wentz passing up a wide, wide open Taylor in the flat with one player between him and the goal line - Wentz’s first read, mind you — to throw a ball into triple coverage in the end zone is bone chilling if you are a Colts fan.

Wentz has to be on the shortest leash ever. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

If you don’t like me for harping on Wentz, I don’t care.

EDITED: I was wrong up above. He didn’t throw into triple coverage on that play. He ducked into a sack.

Last edited by RSE; 01-13-2022, 10:16 AM.

WOW. . TOTAL AND COMPLETE OBSESSION.
    I MEAN I HAVE NO LIFE, BUT HOLY COW.
    EVEN I HAVEN'T GIVEN HIM ONE THOUGHT THIS WEEK.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
      Give me a break DSG. Wentz = ratings around here for years now. Up until 12 days ago many people yourself included were beating the drum that Wentz is good - so yes the people who have been catching shit for pointing out the flaws in his game are going to take a victory lap this week.

Comment

Wentz delenda est.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Wentz delenda est.
          1. I can't get enough of Wentz sucks posts. I really enjoy them. I even go to Coltswire.com to see them chewing on him. I enjoy Wentz sucks posts more than I enjoyed Wangnutz Sucks posts and those were pretty good.
          2. Isn't it Delenda est Wentzo?

Spoiler Alert: loki is mentioned in this link. https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists...ary-cap-trade/

Last edited by Dim Bulb; 01-13-2022, 01:14 PM. Reason: Edited to add link
          DB

Comment

Cato would say that until Wentz est delenda, Wentz delenda est.
            Last edited by RSE; 01-13-2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Just put it on in the background.

I enjoyed watching Orlovsky, who loves Wentz like a brother, say that the loss was on the shoulders of Wentz, and then say that Wentz "wasn't the reason they lost" and was "ok" against Jacksonville.

https://twitter.com/GetUpESPN/status...348029440?s=20

6 sacks for 46 yards, an INT thrown right to a linebacker, a fumble on an attempted Favre-style shovel pass, and a QBR of 4.4(!!) But Wentz was "ok."

Orlovsky's Wentz obsession is just fascinating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0syHkzMoxo

He sounds like a lot of Eagles fans from 2018-20 when he says that with a top 5 OL, a top 5 run game, 4-5 really good weapons, and a top 10 defense, Wentz is an MVP candidate.

Comment

More:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rick-vent...191704170.html

When you look at Wentz, it's very easy to be wowed. But in the end, some players grow on you, and some players grow negatively. He has grown negatively on me because what I see in the long haul is the guy who kills us with erratic throws, erratic periods of accuracy. This kills me the most, because I think this is probably irreversible, is absolute head-scratching judgment issues that are just ridiculous issues. We've seen them over and over. I think he's more blacksmith than surgeon. I think the big moments are his enemy. I doubt that’s reversible. Frank couldn't do it. Who can?
                DB

Comment

Let us have our fun man!

Comment

Cato would say that until Wentz est delenda, Wentz delenda est.
                    fair point

Homer kind of knew about Carson: "Lo you now how vainly mortal men blame the gods. For of us they say comes evil when they, even of themselves, through the blindness of their own hearts, have sorrows beyond that which is ordained."
                    DB

Comment

Originally posted by Dim Bulb View Post
                      More:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rick-vent...191704170.html

When you look at Wentz, it's very easy to be wowed. But in the end, some players grow on you, and some players grow negatively. He has grown negatively on me because what I see in the long haul is the guy who kills us with erratic throws, erratic periods of accuracy. This kills me the most, because I think this is probably irreversible, is absolute head-scratching judgment issues that are just ridiculous issues. We've seen them over and over. I think he's more blacksmith than surgeon. I think the big moments are his enemy. I doubt that’s reversible. Frank couldn't do it. Who can?
                      I thought it was pretty interesting to see Joe Banner tweet about Wentz:

https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/stat...947422725?s=20
                      https://twitter.com/JoeBanner13/stat...366496769?s=20

Ryan Paganetti, who did analytics and was an assistant coach under Pederson, tweeted "the Carson special" after Wentz's bad INT against New England. I thought it was really telling to see that from a guy who actually part of the staff the whole time Wentz was on the team.

Comment

The Athletic's Zak Keefer tweets ...

Ballard on Carson Wentz: "At the time (of the trade), we felt it was the right decision. I’m not going to make a comment on who is going to be here next year and who isn't ... I thought Carson did some good things, and I thought there are some things he needs to do a lot better."

https://twitter.com/zkeefer/status/1...428732425?s=19
                        Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

There are very few things in life which give me great pleasure. One is rum ham, and one is wallowing in Wentz’s misery.

Comment

I lived in southern Indiana for three years. It takes an awful lot for a hoosier to turn on their own team. It is amazing that they are excoriating the Ginger Jesus. Mark Twain said it about Cincinnati, but it could be true of Indiana as well: It would be a perfect place to be when the world ends, because Indiana wouldn't hear about it for another ten years.
                            DB

Comment

There are very few things in life which give me great pleasure. One is rum ham, and one is wallowing in Wentz’s misery.
                              THAT MADE ME LAUGH.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X