How much better would the Eagles be without Reagor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Subjected myself to watching a little because of draft implications. Wentz was a hot mess.

The joy watching Wentz crash and burn has brought Eagle fans this season greatly outweighs the petty annoyance of last year. Not to mention the draft pick.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...ss/9074035002/
    I don't need a link. I actually watched the game. He went 17 of 29 passes for 185 yards and the left side of the line was horrible the entire game. He threw his first and only road interception of the season. Let me say that again, he threw his first interception on the road....over the entire season. That would have been the first time in the history of the NFL that has ever happened. Now since you watched the game, I'm sure you watched his wideouts after Pittman got his bell rung, correct? Now, I'm also sure you also knew 14 players came off Covid the week before. I won't go into detail with the defense that literally started the game without causing an incompletion the entire first quarter. I will just stick to Wentz. Was he part of the problem? Sure. The whole team came up small. Is he a problem? I don't see it. Maybe the Colts feel differently. Oh well. It has no impact on the Eagles anymore. They still need a QB.

At the end of the day, Wentz isn't the quarterback here anymore and he played 75% of the snaps which produced a pick (which the CGM will most likely waste). If anyone is still talking about Wentz after that, you're doing it because you know Hurts isn't the answer and you're butthurt. There's no logic behind a grown man talking about an ex-QB for an entire season. He's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

I don't need a link. I actually watched the game. He went 17 of 29 passes for 185 yards and the left side of the line was horrible the entire game. He threw his first and only road interception of the season. Let me say that again, he threw his first interception on the road....over the entire season. That would have been the first time in the history of the NFL that has ever happened. Now since you watched the game, I'm sure you watched his wideouts after Pittman got his bell rung, correct? Now, I'm also sure you also knew 14 players came off Covid the week before. I won't go into detail with the defense that literally started the game without causing an incompletion the entire first quarter. I will just stick to Wentz. Was he part of the problem? Sure. The whole team came up small. Is he a problem? I don't see it. Maybe the Colts feel differently. Oh well. It has no impact on the Eagles anymore. They still need a QB.

At the end of the day, Wentz isn't the quarterback here anymore and he played 75% of the snaps which produced a pick (which the CGM will most likely waste). If anyone is still talking about Wentz after that, you're doing it because you know Hurts isn't the answer and you're butthurt. There's no logic behind a grown man talking about an ex-QB for an entire season. He's gone.
      Imagine going through all this effort to try and defend Carson Wentz in the year 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by broadstreetparade View Post

Imagine going through all this effort to try and defend Carson Wentz in the year 2022.
        I haven't posted since March. Beat it, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post
          I actually watched the game
          1. Carson Wentz completes collapse

For weeks, Jonathan Taylor’s brilliance, opportunistic defensive play and a mirage of a fourth quarter in Arizona allowed Indianapolis to mask the fact that the starting quarterback it traded to get this offseason was collapsing.

Wentz hit rock bottom on Sunday in Jacksonville. Inaccurate, indecisive and reckless, Wentz completed 17 of 29 passes for 185 yards, took six sacks and made two back-breaking plays that sealed the Colts’ fate.

The first, an ugly fumble in his own territory, stemmed from a problem Wentz has had all season long. For the most part, he’d been able to avoid interceptions, but he’s frequently tried to avoid sacks by shoveling or pitching the ball for plays that have no chance. Wentz tried it again as a Jacksonville rusher came free, got the ball knocked out of his hand for a fumble and gave up a field goal attempt.

The next was the sort of play that hasn’t burned him this season. Wentz tried to force the ball to Mo Alie-Cox instead of flipping it to an open Jonathan Taylor, and tossed his first road interception and gave away any chance the Colts had of coming back.

But outside of the fourth quarter in Arizona, Wentz’s play fit what he’d been doing down the stretch. Big, elusive and strong-armed, Wentz was supposed to add a big-play element to the offense, and he did early in the season.

That dynamic disappeared outside of the final drive in Arizona, and Wentz’s worst qualities became magnified, the same way Jacoby Brissett’s worst qualities came to the forefront in 2019. Indianapolis stopped getting explosive passing plays, Wentz struggled with his accuracy, and in the two biggest games of the season, Wentz killed the Colts.

Wentz’s collapse now leaves Indianapolis with quarterback questions for the fifth consecutive year, albeit without a first-round pick and with a ton of prohibitive dead money on the salary cap.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
          X