No announcement yet.

Here’s what my opinion is regarding Hurts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he's good enough to be a starting QB, if that's all you want. I don't think he's good enough right now to beat good teams on a regular basis. I say he might be our best option for now, but I'd be surpri8sed if he's a starting NFL QB 5 years from now.

Comment

He just got the nod from Howie for next year which is good news we aren't blowing our 3 1sts. That being said, we aren't making any deep runs in the playoffs with 1 at the helm. Good dude great attitude, incredible athlete, insane wheels but terrible balls skills which is essential to succeed at QB.

​​​​​​Br happy to be wrong but we have seen this movie hundreds of times at the QB position and it usually doesn't work out. Either you have an arm and the talent to succeed in the pocket or you don't and are just a great athlete that can run and occasionally have a good or great game throwing but will never be consistent to help a team be a perennial SB contender
      ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

I would suggest that it is something that does get better with time, look at Josh Allen, who had two dismal seasons to start his career and is now a top notch QB. He said this year, his fourth in the league, was when the game 'slowed down' for him and he was able to see the whole field. I think Hurts has earned another year, his first full year had its ups and downs, but he is still young and learning. Go back and look at some great QBs early years, most, if not all, put up paltry numbers in the beginning of their careers. If you think Hurts is so bad, what would you think of a QB who started his first full season with 9 TDs 18 picks and a 54 QBR, would you consider him a bust? Those are Aikman's first year stats, not saying Hurts is like Aikman, but there is just no patience anymore. They need to get more talent on D and 1 or 2 Olinemen to prepare for Jason and Lane's eventual retirements.
        The difference, of course, being that Allen has an NFL arm and upside worth waiting 4 years to see.
        "If I was racist in my opinion of QB's, I wouldn't have a dog named Donovan." - downundermike

Comment

YA CAN TELL WHAT OPPOSING TEAMS THINK ABOUT THE EAGLES PASS GAME JUST BY THE TB GAME.

EVEN BEING UP 24-ZIP AGAINST THE IGGLES, THEY WERE STILL STACKING THE BOX AGAINST THE RUN, DARING EAGLES TO THROW THE BALL TO BEAT THEM, WHEN THE ONLY WAY IGGS COULD WIN.......WAS TO THROW THE BALL.
          IF PASS GAME WAS A REAL THREAT, THEY WOULD HAVE STARTED PROTECTING MORE AGAINST THE PASS AT THAT POINT, BUT KNEW THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO.

NOT MUCH MORE TO SAY.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by Melchior View Post

The difference, of course, being that Allen has an NFL arm and upside worth waiting 4 years to see.
            The Josh Allen comps are nauseating.

Comment

I still think their number one target is Watson. I thought that was the case from the beginning. I think they got Minshew to play the six games Watson could be suspended and they would include Hurts as part of the trade package. The CGM had egg on his face with Wentz so he wanted to make a splash. His backup plan was trying to find someone in the draft but this class appears to be below average. There may be a QB in there somewhere but he won't find him.

At the end of the day, once the CGM started to accumulate picks, we all knew Hurts wasn't the answer. I'm sure there was truth to the rumor he wanted to move up and get Zack Wilson. All I know is they knew Hurts wasn't good enough.

Waston is only 26 years old so he's still young. Rodgers and Wilson makes no sense. If moved, they will be going to teams that are most likely a 'plug-and-play' that's ready to win now. The Eagles are not in that discussion.
              Last edited by Snakebitten; 01-20-2022, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
                YA CAN TELL WHAT OPPOSING TEAMS THINK ABOUT THE EAGLES PASS GAME JUST BY THE TB GAME.

EVEN BEING UP 24-ZIP AGAINST THE IGGLES, THEY WERE STILL STACKING THE BOX AGAINST THE RUN, DARING EAGLES TO THROW THE BALL TO BEAT THEM, WHEN THE ONLY WAY IGGS COULD WIN.......WAS TO THROW THE BALL.
                IF PASS GAME WAS A REAL THREAT, THEY WOULD HAVE STARTED PROTECTING MORE AGAINST THE PASS AT THAT POINT, BUT KNEW THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO.

NOT MUCH MORE TO SAY.
                Nailed it. There is no threat in the passing game and teams will watch this year's tape and continue to stack the box. I am sorry but if you are not competent in the pocket you cannot succeed in the NFL in 2022. Can he get better sure everyone can. Will he ever be a good pocket QB who uses his legs to create, nope. People are hoping he is the next coming off Russell Wilson but you can't wish someone into becoming something he isn't. He gets another year, maybe. If anyone trusts Howie saying Jalen is our QB next year I have magic beans to sell you. They will be kicking the tries on every available QB. Doesn't mean they will, or should, land one but neither the Owner nor the GM are sold on this guy and there is good reason for it. Again. amazing, talented athlete, not a #1 QB to build around.

I can't see any team in the NFL throwing us even a 2nd to take Jalen as their starting QB.
                Last edited by Spartan92; 01-20-2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Nailed it. There is no threat in the passing game and teams will watch this year's tape and continue to stack the box. I am sorry but if you are not competent in the pocket you cannot succeed in the NFL in 2022. Can he get better sure everyone can. Will he ever be a good pocket QB who uses his legs to create, nope. People are hoping he is the next coming off Russell Wilson but you can't wish someone into becoming something he isn't. He gets another year, maybe. If anyone trusts Howie saying Jalen is our QB next year I have magic beans to sell you. They will be kicking the tries on every available QB. Doesn't mean they will, or should, land one but neither the Owner nor the GM are sold on this guy and there is good reason for it. Again. amazing, talented athlete, not a #1 QB to build around.

I can't see any team in the NFL throwing us even a 2nd to take Jalen as their starting QB.
                  THEY KNOW THE PASS GAME COULDN'T HURT THEM EVEN A LITTLE BIT.
                  TAKE DEVO SMITH OUT, KEY ON THE LEGS OF HURTS, BOOM SHUTOUT.
                  EXCEPT FOR SOME WHAT'S IT CALLED... TRASH TIME POINTS?

EDIT TO ADD: HURTS MAY DEVELOP INTO, AN ADEQUATE NFL QB, WITH SOME WORK AND A ANOTHER DECENT RECEIVER OR TWO, BUT ONLY TIME WILL TELL.
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-21-2022, 11:30 AM.
                  "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                  X