Something positive....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something positive....

The defense was suspect yesterday but throughout, even post-apocalypse, it was clear that this team isn’t going to get torched by anyone without a mobile weapon type QB or RB having their best day.

If we can hang around in games and the defense can raise its play just slightly they can even beat those guys the way JAX did yesterday. Worst case scenario we play Seattle again. But I still take the Eagles with Foles over Minnesota. And if you get to the dance it’s really a toss up.
    Charismatic megafauna.

There were moments of extreme gashing yesterday, but, on the first TD, LA started at the Eagles 37 and then another TD was the blocked punt.

All told, the D, when not put in a short field situation, gave up 21 points to the offense that was 2nd best in the NFL coming in to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sect 236 View Post
      There were moments of extreme gashing yesterday, but, on the first TD, LA started at the Eagles 37 and then another TD was the blocked punt.

All told, the D, when not put in a short field situation, gave up 21 points to the offense that was 2nd best in the NFL coming in to the game.
      GCobb was on WIP this morning, and said the guys on defense were trying to do too much early on, instead of covering their gaps. He said you can't do that against Gurley...just played stupid

Comment

Right. They set a nice table for them and the D played soft on Gurley like dev just said. I never felt like that game was out of hand or they were overmatched. If they can just get through this time it seems like there’s enough weapons for Foles or whoever to work with. Who did Foles have here? Avant, Cooper, Desean...not exactly the biggest baddest group of targets.
        Charismatic megafauna.

Comment

Bradham makes pick at 21-7 and the game is a lot different. A lot less Gurley.

Comment

Vinny Curry is literally incapable of staying home.

Comment

He's like the Charlie Brown/Lucy football gag in real life.

"I know I've over pursued my entire career, but THIS TIME it will work!"

Comment

Working...
              X