Jalen Hurts wasn’t the reason teams with good QBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jalen Hurts wasn’t the reason teams with good QBs

carved up the Eagles’ defense this season.

I would keep that in mind when trying to allocate resources for next season.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    carved up the Eagles’ defense this season.

I would keep that in mind when trying to allocate resources for next season.
    WHY I KEEP SAYING YA NEED THE TOUGH SOMABITCHES IN THE TRENCHES IN THE DRAUGHT.
    D-LINE AND O-LINE, GIVE THE KID MORE TIME TO MAYBE PROGRESS PAST HIS FIRST READ.
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Yep this draft is loaded with good OL and DF lineman plus DB's . If Howies half intellectual lets load up.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

GIVE THE KID MORE TIME TO MAYBE PROGRESS PAST HIS FIRST READ.
        Third Round (+115)

BetOnline bookmakers have Hurts being selected in the third round as the favorite on this prop. Despite fantastic college statistics, plus his number of games played, Hurts enters the draft with lingering questions. Pocket poise is the most significant question mark as Hurts is viewed as a one-read quarterback. That is due to sometimes struggling to read defenses and becoming a runner if his first pass option isn't open. If Hurts falls to the third round, the Las Vegas Raiders could take him 80th overall.
        This was an article two years ago that talked about when Jalen Hurts could be drafted. Vegas had him as a third-round betting favorite. The CGM overdrafted him because was afraid another team would take him. You'll notice they specifically mentioned he can't read defenses. This was the majority's sentiment coming out of college. Hurts had a QBR of 38 as a rookie passing from the pocket. This season the number climbed to a whopping 39.

This isn't an 'adjust to the NFL' issue. This is a Jalen Hurts issue. He's just not good. He can't read a defense and it's apparent he never will.

https://www.si.com/betting/2020/03/2...ected-prop-bet

Comment

Let's see... Tampa scored 17 points in the first half. What did the eagles do 3 /out punt
          4 plays punt
          3 plays punt
          12 plays downs
          6 plays int

second half
          6 plays punt
          5 plays int
          3 plays punt
          3plays punt

The defense sucked to start for sure but they found their footing and gave the offense a chance to climb back in.. The atrocious int at the end of the first half and reagors muff crushed them.

Comment

I don't think Hurts will be a franchise QB but you'd be irresponsible to gamble serious draft capital on any QB available this off season. Draft defense and set up for the future.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

This was an article two years ago that talked about when Jalen Hurts could be drafted. Vegas had him as a third-round betting favorite. The CGM overdrafted him because was afraid another team would take him. You'll notice they specifically mentioned he can't read defenses. This was the majority's sentiment coming out of college. Hurts had a QBR of 38 as a rookie passing from the pocket. This season the number climbed to a whopping 39.

This isn't an 'adjust to the NFL' issue. This is a Jalen Hurts issue. He's just not good. He can't read a defense and it's apparent he never will.

https://www.si.com/betting/2020/03/2...ected-prop-bet
              I GET IT, I DO, WE ALL SEE IT EVERY WEEK, BUT I TRY TO GIVE THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT THAT HE CAN BE COACHED TO LEARN.

DO I THINK HE WILL..MAYBE, PROBABLY NOT. BUT HE'S WHAT WE HAVE NEXT YEAR, AND MAYBE ANOTHER YEAR AND A DECENT SCHOOLING...WHO KNOWS.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                I don't think Hurts will be a franchise QB but you'd be irresponsible to gamble serious draft capital on any QB available this off season. Draft defense and set up for the future.
                AND O LINE ALSO.
                ESPECIALLY AFTER THE NEWS BROOKS RETIRED.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-26-2022, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X