Brandon Brooks Retires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Brooks Retires.

Not surprising but a damn shame nonetheless.

A freaking hero in the Super Bowl with the rest of the offensive line.

Saw a stat on Twitter- 2,805 pass blocks as an Eagle. Four sacks allowed. That's pretty amazing.
    "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Worst injury luck ever. Great Eagle.

Comment

The injury part sucks because he was great and wish he played more - but thankful it is not a couldve shouldve wouldve career, he will always be a hero for the SB year.

Comment

I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT ONE PLAYER HAS THE WORST LUCK, OFTEN BEING INJURED ...
          BUT SOMEONE ELSE NEEDED TO GO BECAUSE HE'S INJURY PRONE ...AND WILL ALWAYS BE INJURED..
          I FIND THAT ODD.

ANYONE ON THAT SUPER BOWL TEAM WILL ALWAYS, ALWAYS PUT A SMILE ON MY FACE.
          EVERYONE DID SOMETHING TO MAKE THAT THE BEST YEAR OF OUR FOOTBALL LIVES.
          Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-28-2022, 09:41 AM.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
            I FIND IT INTERESTING THAT ONE PLAYER HAS THE WORST LUCK, OFTEN BEING INJURED ...
            BUT SOMEONE ELSE NEEDED TO GO BECAUSE HE'S INJURY PRONE ...AND WILL ALWAYS BE INJURED..
            I FIND THAT ODD.

You have to admit that tearing an achilles in the playoffs and coming back from that to be the best guard in the league, only to dislocate a shoulder on an FG attempt in week 17 is awful luck. And then to tear an achilles while rehabbing that injury, basically ending a very good career.

I don't think Wentz has much to do with Brooks, but I always thought Wentz's injury history was overblown.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

You have to admit that tearing an achilles in the playoffs and coming back from that to be the best guard in the league, only to dislocate a shoulder on an FG attempt in week 17 is awful luck. And then to tear an achilles while rehabbing that injury, basically ending a very good career.

I don't think Wentz has much to do with Brooks, but I always thought Wentz's injury history was overblown.
              YEA MAN IT WASN'T GOOD AND SUCKS. HE WAS AN ANCHOR FOR A GREAT O LINE.
              THE GUY WAS JUST GREAT AND IMO 1ST BALLOT HOF.
              REMINDS ME OF PETERS GETTING HURT ALWAYS COMING BACK.
              I HOPE HE CAN ENJOY HIS RETIREMENT.
              NOW HIM GONE AND KELCE TALKIN ABOUT RETIREMENT, THIS O LINE NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED THIA DRAUGHT.

Comment

I FIND THAT ODD.

You are obsessed with Wentz. Brandon Brooks was better at his position than Wentz. Better football player. And not a baby. Can't imagine why people look at them differently...

Comment

Originally posted by McCarthy12 View Post

You are obsessed with Wentz. Brandon Brooks was better at his position than Wentz. Better football player. And not a baby. Can't imagine why people look at them differently...
                  JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HUMAN NATURE...
                  ONE GUY EVERYONE LOVES ITS BAD LUCK...
                  THE GUY EVERY HATES IS INJURY PRONE....

HE WAS PART OF THIS SUPER BOWL TEAM WHETHER PEOPLE LIKE IT OR NOT. AND FOR THAT, I LOVE THE GUY.
                  BUT ALL THAT BEING SAID, BACK TO MY REASONS FOR THE POST..
                  ONE GUY, LOVED, BAD LUCK
                  ONE GUY, HATED, INJURY PRONE.
                  Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 01-29-2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

JUST TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HUMAN NATURE...
                    ONE GUY EVERYONE LOVES ITS BAD LUCK...
                    THE GUY EVERY HATES IS INJURY PRONE....
                    BUT ALL THAT BEING SAID, BACK TO MY REASONS FOR THE POST..
                    ONE GUY, LOVED, BAD LUCK
                    ONE GUY, HATED, INJURY PRONE.
                    Isn't being injury prone usually by definition bad luck? Nobody blames Carson for getting hurt. Just for being an asshole.

Comment

Working...
                    X