Russell Wilson TRADED to BRONCOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russell Wilson TRADED to BRONCOS

2 1st, 2 2nds, a 5th, Drew Lock and 2 other players.

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
    2 1st, 2 2nds, a 5th, Drew Lock and 2 other players.
    about right. I don't think I'd go over the top of that and from what I understand Wilson didn't want to go to the east coast.

Comment

I would have given up two first and two seconds. Lock is worth nothing, don't know anything bout Harris, Fant is good and he has two years left on his rookie deal so he's worth something.

Probably moot because Wilson didn't want to come here but I think Seattle was crazy to trade him.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        I would have given up two first and two seconds. Lock is worth nothing, don't know anything bout Harris, Fant is good and he has two years left on his rookie deal so he's worth something.

Probably moot because Wilson didn't want to come here but I think Seattle was crazy to trade him.
        Russell Wilson is/was a great QB but he has not shown himself to be able to win a SB with the sort of supporting cast he would have with the Eagles, especially with what the Eagles would have after trading all that capital and paying Wilson. I also can’t help but wonder if Wilson’s best years are behind him.
        --------
        "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

2 FIRSTS AND 2 SECONDS? TRADE HIM IN A NY SECOND FOR A 33 Y.O.
          "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Russell Wilson is/was a great QB but he has not shown himself to be able to win a SB with the sort of supporting cast he would have with the Eagles, especially with what the Eagles would have after trading all that capital and paying Wilson. I also can’t help but wonder if Wilson’s best years are behind him.
            IMO the Eagles aren't that far off. Great OL, very good WR/TE duo, good RBs. I think Wilson has actually gotten some pretty bad Seattle teams to the playoffs in a good division recently. Winning an SB anywhere is hard, but making the playoffs in the NFC East is easy, and home playoff games with Russell Wilson would have given this team a shot.

I also think that the biggest problem in some games this season was just the QB. To Hurts's credit he had some good games down the stretch. I'm hopeful that the team will use its draft capital wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

I don't know man, older QBs switching teams have done pretty well lately. Obviously the Eagles aren't a superteam like this year's Rams or last year's Bucs, but with four 1st round picks over the next two years, I wouldn't have been opposed to giving that up for a great QB. Probably could have traded the leftover picks and still ended up with a 1st and 2nd in each year. Doesn't matter though since the Broncos also traded a good player and Wilson didn't want to come here anyway.

Comment

IMO the Eagles aren't that far off. Great OL, very good WR/TE duo, good RBs. I think Wilson has actually gotten some pretty bad Seattle teams to the playoffs in a good division recently. Winning an SB anywhere is hard, but making the playoffs in the NFC East is easy, and home playoff games with Russell Wilson would have given this team a shot.

I also think that the biggest problem in some games this season was just the QB. To Hurts's credit he had some good games down the stretch. I'm hopeful that the team will use its draft capital wisely.

I’m far from sold on the Eagles’ defense. How many really good players do the Eagles have on defense? Wilson’s success was when he was paired with a great defense, I just think trading for him would set them back too much. At least if you trade for Watson you have a good young QB… assuming he can stay out of trouble (admittedly a big if). I also think that Wilson is a bit of a prima donna— too much for my taste.

--------
                "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

Hurts now has one more year to prove himself or he is outta job

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I’m far from sold on the Eagles’ defense. How many really good players do the Eagles have on defense? Wilson’s success was when he was paired with a great defense, I just think trading for him would set them back too much. At least if you trade for Watson you have a good young QB… assuming he can stay out of trouble (admittedly a big if). I also think that Wilson is a bit of a prima donna— too much for my taste.
                    No really good players outside of Slay and Sweat. A few good players (Hargrave, Edwards, Maddox). I was fine going all-in for a QB mostly because of how hard it is to play defense these days anyway. But now I do expect them to spend at least 2/3 firsts on defense, probably DE and CB, and sign some other defensive players.

Comment

Even with Hurts the offense was good enough to win more than nine games. Some games this year our defense offered nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X