Yo Ducky. TV advice wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Ducky. TV advice wanted

If you were going to buy a new one, what would you get?
    Price not a concern.
    I just have to figure out what size to get.
    Thanks in advance for your stellar advice.
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

The LG OLED is the best TV on the market right now. Sony's OLED is the same (pretty sure they come from the same factory, using the same tech). I have a 65" G series (2020 model) and it's terrific. (All other LG tv's suck. I despise their LEDs as much as I love their OLEDs).

Samsung QLEDs are great for the money too. You can get something massive (85") in an 8 series for close to the same cost as a 65" OLED.

Really depends on how much 4K content you're watching, and where you're getting it from. If you're streaming it, it's compressed anyway, so you're not going to see much of a difference, if any. In that case, if you have the space for an 85", the 8 series QLED is a really great deal right now. I would've gone that route, but the living room in the new house would have been overpowered by something that size.

Comment

MY 19" BLACK AND WHITE IS THE SHIT.
      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Since everything going through cables, fiber and copper, is compressed for transmission, does it really make a difference if what you’re watching is piped through WIFI?
        John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I bought a 60" Sony in late 2017. My wife watches a lot of old TV shows, and it does a great job off upscaling. Haven't seen their OLEDs but have heard that they are excellent, although a little pricier than the other brands.
          Last edited by BirdBrawn; 04-06-2022, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
            Since everything going through cables, fiber and copper, is compressed for transmission, does it really make a difference if what you’re watching is piped through WIFI?
            Yeah, there's a noticeable difference between the 4K you're going to get from Netflix or Youtube vs. a UHD blu ray. A direct HDMI connection can transmit something like 5x the data you get over wifi (But the picture isn't 5x better by any stretch. Just sharper). Not sure how much 4K cable/satellite is even showing these days, I ditched DirecTV four years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post
              MY 19" BLACK AND WHITE IS THE SHIT.
              Zenith?
              YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

RCA....
                "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                X