They just traded their first and third for AJ Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They just traded their first and third for AJ Brown

Howie's new approach to drafting a receiver? Use a high pick for a WR who already produces?
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Ewwww. For 1st and 3rd could have done better than an average WR who is going to want a big contract for so so stats. Averages 1000 and about 8 TDS.

Is he worth that draft capital and a contract we will see. He isn't bad, isn't a game changer. We will see I guess.

Comment

Much better than throwing that pick away on a bust/chump hybrid like Reagor.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Loved it when I thought it was a 1st. 1st and a 3rd is kind of a lot, but WRs came off the board early. Hurts is still on a rookie deal for two years. There's also the possibility that they'll trade up for a QB next year, so that guy would be cheap for a few years.

Comment

I don't like it. Too expensive in picks and money.

Eagles are giving AJ Brown a 4-year, $100 million extension that includes $57 million guaranteed, per source.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

This was a panic move when he lost our on Williams. Now you gotta pay close to 20 mill for AJ Brown lol. Devonte Adams went for a 1st and 2ns and is probably the best WR in football. If you are going to make this deal you make that deal.

This was a total panic move by Howie pure amd simple.

AJ is no scrub, far from. But I'm sure you get a top 5 WR for pretty much the same or close to it and the same money that's all I'm saying.
            ​​​
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​

Comment

Given the history with picking first round WR's I'm fine with Howie picking a sure thing with a third round pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
                This was a panic move when he lost our on Williams. Now you gotta pay close to 20 mill for AJ Brown lol. Devonte Adams went for a 1st and 2ns and is probably the best WR in football. If you are going to make this deal you make that deal.

AJ is no scrub, far from. But I'm sure you get a top 5 WR for pretty much the same or close to it and the same money that's all I'm saying.
                ​​​
                ​​​​​​
                ​​​​
                No way it was a panic move. They clearly had this deal worked out in advance - the new deal was announced 5 mins after the trade. This was a done deal before the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                  I don't like it. Too expensive in picks and money.

Eagles are giving AJ Brown a 4-year, $100 million extension that includes $57 million guaranteed, per source.
                  Exactly my point. Panic move for a WR that isn't even a top 10 WR in the NFL. And anyone who wants to argue he is a top 10 is delusional.

​​​​​​

Comment

​​​
                    ​​​​​​
                    ​​​​
                    I'd gamble on a draft pick before spending that much money and a third round pick. They don't even know about Hurts yet.

Comment

Paid him like a top 2 WR in the NFL lol and sent a 1st and 3rd. Hopefully he balls out.

Comment

Great move (if fully healthy) imho... Birds get a well established top 5 WR, no guessing AND he's Hurts bestie. Gives Hurts a MUCH better shot at having success and if he fails, they grab a QB next year.

wasn't sure how I felt at first but definitely warming up to it more and more. I probably would've just gone with Burks with the pick

AJ is expensive but might be worth it, we'll see
                        Last edited by Cheesesteak; 04-28-2022, 10:24 PM.
                        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Paid him like a top 2 WR in the NFL lol and sent a 1st and 3rd. Hopefully he balls out.
                          This is not how you build a team.

What did they give to move up for Jordan? I'm not liking this.

Comment

Can’t believe all the negative Nancy shit. We finally have a legit WR.

https://twitter.com/crossingbroad/st...Au1mId8Va1TZtg

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post
                              AJ is expensive but might be worth it, we'll see
                              He might be worth it. Great.

Wait till Hurt proves himself before investing in a $100M receiver. They must not trust their talent evaluation.

Comment

Working...
                              X