No announcement yet.

They just traded their first and third for AJ Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they only guaranteed $57 mill and I'm sure there is an out after year 2. Not a bad contract at all. Deal is looking a lot better than I thought.

Hurts set up to succeed. His job to lose. WR is stacked, TE, RB and good OL. No excuses now for Mr Hurts.

Comment

I like it. Basically traded #16 and #19 for AJ Brown, a first next year and a 2nd in 2024. Had to pay him but he’s a proven #1 WR

Comment

Originally posted by Bardy View Post
        Can’t believe all the negative Nancy shit. We finally have a legit WR.

https://twitter.com/crossingbroad/st...Au1mId8Va1TZtg
        I don't care what they paid him. Getting a 24 year old AJ Brown for the same approximate price you paid for Jalen Reagor (who I liked... fuck me) is a thing of beauty. Nice to see Howie taking a new approach to filling a huge need.

This could easily be the best Iggs WR duo any of us have seen in our lifetimes. I'm stoked.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

He might be worth it. Great.

Wait till Hurt proves himself before investing in a $100M receiver. They must not trust their talent evaluation.
          With Howie's track record drafting WRs, this is a better route. Don't know how some view AJ outside the top 10 WRs, that's crazy, but hey, everyone has their opinion.

We will see how this works out once they hit the field...I hope the Hurts to Brown combo is reminiscent of the McNabb to TO duo.
          Last edited by Cheesesteak; 04-28-2022, 11:25 PM.
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I got nothing against AJ Brown. But I think it's stupid to pay him 50M for a couple of seasons without being settled on your QB.

Did the Eagles trade for 13 go down before pick 12 had been made? Thats the way I got the information but seems wrong.
            Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

I got nothing against AJ Brown. But I think it's stupid to pay him 50M for a couple of seasons without being settled on your QB.

Did the Eagles trade for 13 go down before pick 12 had been made? Thats the way I got the information but seems wrong.
              They traded for 13 before the pick had been made at 12, but after the Lions had traded up for 12. Everyone knew the Lions made that trade to draft Williams. They needed to leapfrog Baltimore to get Davis. I loved that move.

I think the Brown move makes sense from the perspective that 1) their QB will be cheap for a while, whether it's Hurts or someone else, and 2) if they trade up for a QB in 2023, which they've set themselves up to do, he'll immediately be in a place to succeed.

I did previously say I wouldn't give up more than a 1st for a young, good WR on the brink of getting paid. They gave up more than a 1st for Brown. I do like that it was NO's 3rd round comp pick from the trade a few weeks ago rather than their own.

Comment

We'll see. I'm going on record that Howie fucked up. I understand why everybody loves AJ Brown but he will only be a money pit if Hurts doesn't step up. I don't like all the picks they gave up today either. Davis may turn out to be an All Pro but so might Hamilton.

Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Cheesesteak View Post

With Howie's track record drafting WRs, this is a better route. Don't know how some view AJ outside the top 10 WRs, that's crazy, but hey, everyone has their opinion.

We will see how this works out once they hit the field...I hope the Hurts to Brown combo is reminiscent of the McNabb to TO duo.
                  Look he is a legit WR but you really telling me you can't name 10 lol it's so easy:

Adams
                  Kupp
                  Hill
                  Jefferson
                  Chase
                  Diggs
                  Deebo
                  DK
                  Hopkins
                  Evans
                  Allen

And I wasn't even trying lol

AJ comes in around 12 - 18 give or take so yes great player but not top 10. That being said, put him with Smith, Quez, Pascal and Goedert and that is one hell of a receiving corps. Questions is, can our QB improve enough to spread the ball around time will tell. Also. Howie structured the contract well

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I don't care what they paid him. Getting a 24 year old AJ Brown for the same approximate price you paid for Jalen Reagor (who I liked... fuck me) is a thing of beauty. Nice to see Howie taking a new approach to filling a huge need.

This could easily be the best Iggs WR duo any of us have seen in our lifetimes. I'm stoked.
                    AJ Brown is a fucking beast. He is the best receiver the Eagles have had since TO. Whiners gotta whine.

Comment

I don't like it. Too expensive in picks and money.

Eagles are giving AJ Brown a 4-year, $100 million extension that includes $57 million guaranteed, per source.
                      ONLY TIME WILL TELL IF HE MOVES UP FROM THE 32ND SPOT IN RECEIVING YARDS HE WAS IN LAST YEAR.
                      REAGOR WILL GET TRADED FOR A WARM 6 PACK WITH 2 CANS ALREADY GONE, AND PROBABLY BE AN ABOVE AVG RECEIVER ELSWHERE.
                      HOW IT USUALLY WORKS AROUND HERE.
                      "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                      X