Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles draft Kelce's replacement

Understandable pick.

Don't hate it but is there something going on with Dean? Surprised he's still on the board

Comment

Wanted Defense but I understand this pick

Comment

Understandable, wanted Dean but who knows? Could be a pick considered as great in a few years

Comment

I thought Dickerson was Kelce's replacement?

i was thinking Dean there as well...sup with him falling?
          YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Got to be something going on with Dean. How do you not take him there?! No one upset with taking that shot to improve the defense even if it doesn’t work out.

Comment

They are going all in on offense. They seem to think the only defensive strategy is the rush the qb.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                They are going all in on offense. They seem to think the only defensive strategy is the rush the qb.
                I'm not sure how trading up for Jordan Davis fits in with going "all in" on offense.

I'm also not really sure how you can watch Gannon's defense and think the strategy is to rush the QB, though having a guy like Davis should help them get pressure without blitzing. I think the defense will be much improved this season.

Comment

My point was their defensive focus is on the rush. Getting teams in third and long and rush the passer. They have less talent in the secondary than last year. It's an offensive league, average DB's can get flagged as easily as great ones.
                  Last edited by 1960; 04-29-2022, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Kelce might as well retire now. They dont care about this season. Davis and Jurgens are clearly future picks.
                    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
                      Kelce might as well retire now. They dont care about this season. Davis and Jurgens are clearly future picks.
                      A year of learning how Kelce plays the position in Stout's scheme would not be so bad, got to give him some time to learn how to call the blocks the way Kelce does. Here is what Kelce has to say about him:

“Yeah, I knew we were taking him. So, this is my favorite player in the draft. I’m not just saying that because we picked him. The Eagles have been using me to, like, evaluate some of the centers that have been coming out. And of all the guys that I’ve looked at for the past two, three years … out of all the guys compared the most to myself, this guy is him. He is so athletic, so fast. You see him out in space. He runs, he’s a natural athlete. You see the fluidity. He played tight end, a position convert. He’s been playing offensive line for two years. 4.92 [second 40-yard dash], 1.7 [second 10-yard split], 7.19 three cone. This guy is a freak athletically. He has the best chance to be a difference-maker at the center position. I like this kid a lot, I really do.”
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Stupid pick.

Comment

To each his own, but I don't know how you could get that impression, especially after the Brown trade. The Eagles really needed a DT behind Cox and Hargrave. Williams is still has a long way to go. There's a spot for Davis to play right now, and the Reddick signing will also make it a lot easier for this defense to get off the field.

They have set themselves up to trade up for a QB in 2023. From that perspective, they're looking toward the future. But they've also put Hurts in a good position to possibly exceed expectations. I think the Eagles are way too good now for them not to care about this season.

This is a big change from last year when, IMO, the plan was to set Hurts up to fail, and in the worst case scenario draft high. That went out the window when they played a couple of bad teams and basically stumbled into the run-first offense that they'd purposefully avoided to start the year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay
                            The Eagles really needed a DT behind Cox and Hargrave. Williams is still has a long way to go.
                            They need a lot of things more than 4th string DT. What don't you like about Williams?

Comment

They need a lot of things more than 4th string DT. What don't you like about Williams?
                              I'm not sure how to answer that. There's nothing I don't like about him. He also hasn't shown enough or even played enough to stand in the way of the Eagles from taking another DT in the first round. With Cox on the way out and Hargrave being a free agent after 2022, this team isn't in a position to rely on Milton Williams.

IMO it was obvious that the Eagles would prioritize DT, WR, and CB in the first.

Comment

Working...
                              X