Fuck Gannon! This Defense Blows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuck Gannon! This Defense Blows!

Can't stop the passing game, can't blitz, can't stop the run. What the fuck is going on???

This is what happens when you play and coach scared…15 yds off the line, playing on their heels. Pathetic

Comment

Line up of teams getting longer and longer with hiim as their top choice for HC... Bwah

Edit to add: difference this year is we have a better roster so it insulated his hot garbage defense. His play sheet is smaller than a credit card haha
      ​​​​​​
      Last edited by Spartan92; 10-09-2022, 06:52 PM.

Comment

The bottom line is if you hold teams to 17 points on the road in this league you win most of the time. They did not tackle well but flying across country is not easy.

Comment

This thread is silly. The defense gave up 7, 2, and 14 points in the prior 3 weeks. They rank near or at the top of the league in points, yards, yards/pass attempt, and sacks. Today they gave up 17 points and limited a dangerous QB. The offense missed a couple of chances to put the game away (see DeVonta's drop).

I, like almost everyone watching at home, have almost zero idea about "scheme" at the NFL level, but you have to think that blitzing against Kyler Murray can be risky. Anyway I know that every time the defense is even average people will call for Gannon's head because he "doesn't blitz." It's a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            This thread is silly. The defense gave up 7, 2, and 14 points in the prior 3 weeks. They rank near or at the top of the league in points, yards, yards/pass attempt, and sacks. Today they gave up 17 points and limited a dangerous QB. The offense missed a couple of chances to put the game away (see DeVonta's drop).

I, like almost everyone watching at home, have almost zero idea about "scheme" at the NFL level, but you have to think that blitzing against Kyler Murray can be risky. Anyway I know that every time the defense is even average people will call for Gannon's head because he "doesn't blitz." It's a total waste of time.
            Hearts and stuff - perfectly put.

Edit - "perfectly" - damn phone and running text giggles. Anywho - well typed. Perfectly stated.
            Last edited by inkdrop; 10-11-2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by inkdrop View Post

Hearts and stuff - perfectible put.
              What?

Comment

As always, the correct and level headed take in a sea of asinine overreactions

Comment

The TD drive they gave up in the second half was ridiculous. It looked like a prevent scheme a team would run if they were up a couple scores at the end of the game. The finished product is 17 points but there is some context there along with historical evidence with how Gannon deploys the defense. If you don't want to get beat over the top, fine, but if you're just gonna give up 15 yards basically uncontested, what's the point? You might as well send an extra rusher or two because you're not competitive on the back end anyway. Last year, good qbs just chopped this defense up. The ball never hit the ground and they couldn't get off the field and it wasn't close. They are so far off on the back end that it becomes pitch and catch. Too many times guys are catching the ball and there isn't a defender in the screen.

Comment

The Eagles defense giving up the 3rd and long plays was frustrating..

Comment

And some on here were saying Gannon would be fine and those of us who were bitching were overreacting. I still don't trust the guy or like his lame-ass schemes.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post
                        And some on here were saying Gannon would be fine and those of us who were bitching were overreacting. I still don't trust the guy or like his lame-ass schemes.
                        Yeah, that was me. I'm still saying that. This team has the #2 ranked defense in the league. The bitching over a game in which they gave up 17 points is an overreaction. People hate Gannon solely based on the fact that he doesn't blitz. I'm not saying this was you anyone on this bored in particular, but I've seen/heard people complain about his lack of blitzing even in dominant performances. It's absurd.

Anyway, I know how this will end. If this team loses in the playoffs with the defense being anything short of dominant (something that is very hard to do in the playoffs), everyone will blame Gannon and his "schemes." Then they'll celebrate when another team hires him away.

Comment

I think the reason Philadelphia fans are so negative is that we are all so frustrated that we have no control over the outcome. People who know so much more about the game have never gained our trust because of all of the failures of the past. We have been conditioned to prepare for defeat and it has numbed the joy of victory.

Comment

My only beef with Gannon this season is how he dials back the aggression too much when we have a lead. Do not give a trailing team momentum by leaving the middle and everything underneath open. Playing 15 yards off the receiver is never a good idea.
                            500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
                              I think the reason Philadelphia fans are so negative is that we are all so frustrated that we have no control over the outcome. People who know so much more about the game have never gained our trust because of all of the failures of the past. We have been conditioned to prepare for defeat and it has numbed the joy of victory.
                              I, FOR ONE SMILE EVERYTIME MY MIND SEES BDN HOLDING UP THAT SILVER FOOTBALL...

I AM THRILLED TO SEE THE FIGHTINS WINNING PLAYOFF GAMES...THE FUTURE IS BRIGHT...

I, FOR ONE LOVE A GOOD POOP....

THEN THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST MISERABLE AND CAN'T BE HAPPY ABOUT ANYTHING....... THEY JUST BLOW MUD WHEN THEY GO TO THE READIN ROOM....

I FEEL BAD FOR THE FOLKS THAT CAN'T FEEL THE JOY OF WINNING. ( OR A GOOD POOP)!

HEY.... 5 AND OH... WHODA THUNK IT...

AND LET'S GO PHILS!!!!!

WHEELER AND NOLA PITCH THE WAY THEY DID LAST SERIES....THIS THING IS OVER....
                              Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 10-12-2022, 09:15 AM.
                              "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                              X