Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• birds586
    replied
    Hello Sir...I am saddened to hear of IG's current condition and just wanted to share a story. A number of years ago, I created a post that bordered on douchebaggery by attacking members for their opinion on the release of desean. IG took time out of his day to send me a PM, imparting some worldly advice to a young, hot-headed idiot. He was kind and cordial and that advice has not only stuck with me to this day, but it is advice that I will carry with me for the rest of my life and advice that I make sure I impart to my two children every chance I get. He did not have to do what he did but I am grateful that he did because it forever changed the way I interact with anyone.

I wish him nothing but peace in the time he has left and just wanted him and his best friend to know that he forever changed my life. Go Birds!

Leave a comment:

• Cheesesteak
    replied
    IG is synonymous with Igglephans and HE is the Legendary one here...tell him we all love him here and he has to hold on to watch the Phils win the WS, I'm sure that would be a great way to sign-off.
    Last edited by Cheesesteak; 10-29-2022, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wynnron123
    replied
    Very sad news ..My prayers go out to IG and his family

Leave a comment:

• Loki
    replied
    Originally posted by RSE View Post
    He spoke the truth, he told it straight, and he never had a problem speaking his mind.

Hoagiegate was his brainchild and he was the chief instigator. He flipped the occasion of the grand opening of Lurie’s Pleasure Palace on its head and managed to make the Luries publicly defend searching fans for Hoagies of Mass Destruction. He goaded Spadaro into saying the Luries Don’t Like Clutter which earned Dave public humiliation from the Luries. He was the Pied Piper of the board, and we followed his lead.
    My old man had the same gift IG does. God knows I don’t: when you meet the guy, he makes you feel as if he and you have been best buddies forever. It’s a gift.

Leave a comment:

• RSE
    replied
    He spoke the truth, he told it straight, and he never had a problem speaking his mind.

Hoagiegate was his brainchild and he was the chief instigator. He flipped the occasion of the grand opening of Lurie’s Pleasure Palace on its head and managed to make the Luries publicly defend searching fans for Hoagies of Mass Destruction. He goaded Spadaro into saying the Luries Don’t Like Clutter which earned Dave public humiliation from the Luries. He was the Pied Piper of the board, and we followed his lead.

Leave a comment:

• Big Little
    replied
    Truly sad news IG was one of the best, thank you for sharing Digs

Leave a comment:

• AthensEagle
    replied
    This is awful. IG was good to my wife and I when we made the occasional gate. I'm glad I had the opportunity to link up with him here in Virginia when he was doing his book tour.

Leave a comment:

• rjohns02
    replied
    I keep forgetting that I somehow never actually met IG in person, because it genuinely feels like I did. Exchanging emails, and (like so many others) receiving unexpected Eagles swag packages in the mail. His contributions to this bored can't be overstated.

I had the pleasure of keeping IG's seat warm during the 2005 home opener against the Niners ("T-Ooooo, T-O, T-O, T-Ooooooo;" "I love Donovan!"). Nestled between Diggle, Boney Maroney Pinkston, and Hat Man, it was a great day.

Leave a comment:

• inkdrop
    replied
    Originally posted by Riccardo View Post

I'm pretty sure they will be clapping ang giggling like schoolgirls.
    KG passes IG an Aramingo, laughs, scene. Nothing but love for TK/IG. Rest easy fella.

Leave a comment:

• Maniac
    replied
    Damn. As good a person as I've ever known. Great stories of Red Klotz. This totally sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Riccardo
    replied
    Don't know if it means anything but yesterday at Mass there was a new priest father Shaun who had an uncanny resemblance to IG. I did some extra prayers during the mass.

Leave a comment:

• Riccardo
    replied
    Originally posted by Loki View Post
    Thinking that KG will meet IG at the pearly gate and sing Some Enchanted Evening
    I'm pretty sure they will be clapping ang giggling like schoolgirls.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan92
    replied
    This is a gut punch. Met IG at the only tailgate I made it to years ago and he is an awesome dude. God bless IG and his family during this difficult time. Prayers up to the LEGEND himself!

Leave a comment:

• CbEagle
    replied
    Originally posted by Loki View Post
    Thinking that KG will meet IG at the pearly gate and sing Some Enchanted Evening
    Those two will meet at the pearly GAYTE, I am so glad I got to see him for a couple of gaytes last season, still bringing his signature single wide rolling paper joints " My contribution to the gayte". Luv ya brother and its been such a pleaure to know you for 25 years.

Leave a comment:

• broadstreetparade
    replied
    I never met IG personally but he was someone I have always respected on this board not only for their knowledge about the eagles but also his knowledge on life outside of football.

My favorite IG memories will always be his Dallas hate week montages. They have been missed here as of late. I admittedly would use his content and post it on social media because I loved it so much.

I joined this bored when I was in high school I’m now 33 and married with a son. As I have grown older it has been difficult seeing the older generations of eagles fans pass on to what awaits us next, including my grandfather who was a good as they come. However I do take solace in that some of that generation was able to be here with us for 2017. It was everything to every one of us.

god speed IG.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X