Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad night

Everything gone wrong

At times it is hard to think this league is not fixed. That said, the defensive game plan was awful.
    Last edited by 1960; 11-15-2022, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Been fighting the flu and fell asleep probably around the end of 1st Quarter. Woke up to the end and saw some really unlucky shit with Watkins. What happened here?? The Cumhanders….really??

Comment

Originally posted by Invincible32 View Post
        Been fighting the flu and fell asleep probably around the end of 1st Quarter. Woke up to the end and saw some really unlucky shit with Watkins. What happened here?? The Cumhanders….really??
        Defense couldn’t get stops on 3rd and manageable. 3 bad, lucky turnovers. Missed face mask on the second. Quez falling after catching a possible go ahead TD could have allowed them to milk the clock, instead he fumbled the game away. Stupid penalty on Graham to end it.

Really bad night. Gonna hear people throw around cliches about time off, getting cocky, trap game, divisional game. At least there’s no hesitation now when resting starters week 18…

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Defense couldn’t get stops on 3rd and manageable. 3 bad, lucky turnovers. Missed face mask on the second. Quez falling after catching a possible go ahead TD could have allowed them to milk the clock, instead he fumbled the game away. Stupid penalty on Graham to end it.

Really bad night. Gonna hear people throw around cliches about time off, getting cocky, trap game, divisional game. At least there’s no hesitation now when resting starters week 18…
          Slay was “Lil game” Slay all game. He must still be hurt.
          500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Yea I’m going through the replay pretty fast but looks like a cheap game of online madden with the Cumhanders run attack. But Eagles aren’t stopping them. Looking like they are really flat and they are just letting a bad team run all over them. Unless there is a blueprint with the run against the D line. I don’t think so though. Birds will get over it, move on and getting Davis back will help. Not good to have a let down and lose to a bad team. Can’t lose to the bad ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Invincible32 View Post
              Yea I’m going through the replay pretty fast but looks like a cheap game of online madden with the Cumhanders run attack. But Eagles aren’t stopping them. Looking like they are really flat and they are just letting a bad team run all over them. Unless there is a blueprint with the run against the D line. I don’t think so though. Birds will get over it, move on and getting Davis back will help. Not good to have a let down and lose to a bad team. Can’t lose to the bad ones.
              Blueprint is to run on them while Davis is out. The Eagles knew what was coming all night. The 3.1 yards/carry they gave up was respectable but the 3rd downs in the 1st half killed them.

Washington's 3rd down luck ran out in the 2nd half, but then the lucky turnovers came in. See Washington's -2 yard FG "drive" after Goedert's fumble. That was the game.

Comment

In the first half, Heineke was 5 of 5 for 85 yards on 3rd down, converted all.

Comment

I think the eagles have stuff to correct but I don't have any broad sweeping takeaways from this specific game other than I'd like to see Gannon mix it up earlier. If you're going to get beat, get beat coming for the ball. Those non competitive third down completions are just hard to watch. Reminiscent of last year when they were giving up 80%+ completion and no one within five yards. It's like watching a team play prevent defense but it's not the end of the game and they're not winning.

Comment

Working...
                  X