Hope we can figure out a way to extend Trey Burton before he hits UFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope we can figure out a way to extend Trey Burton before he hits UFA

that would be a very unfortunate loss if he leaves this offseason.

It will be unfortunate, but inevitable. He'll get paid starting TE money somewhere. Howie will replace him with a 3rd round pick.
    -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Maybe we can slide Pumphrey into his role. A year in weight room has likely added a lot of bulk to his frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
        that would be a very unfortunate loss if he leaves this offseason.
        Mike Gesicki in the 3rd or 4th round

Comment

No third rounder, gobfather
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

I'll go out on a limb here

With Celek retiring, I think Howie finds a way to keep him. Burton is one of Carson's favorite targets. I believe it's going to be a priority.

Comment

He’s got 100% of the leverage. Expect his agent to take full advantage of that. I know I would in his shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellsworth View Post
                He’s got 100% of the leverage. Expect his agent to take full advantage of that. I know I would in his shoes.
                He won't be cheap. But I think he gives the Eagles a hometown discount to stick around.

Comment

Lets not go crazy here ... he has 22 catches, granted with 5 TDs ... he'll get some interest, but he's not Tony Gonzalez.
                  Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

That's with one of the better pass catching TEs and another TE that gets a lot of time and has good enough hands to get 50 catches 600 yards on another team playing before him. There are plenty of teams out there that struggle to find a TE that can catch that'll take Burton. He's as good as gone, unfortunately.

Comment

Comp pick.
                      -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                        Lets not go crazy here ... he has 22 catches, granted with 5 TDs ... he'll get some interest, but he's not Tony Gonzalez.
                        This. That's why I don't believe it's a foregone conclusion that he's gone. Nice player, but not a prime target. His comfort level here and his relationship with Wentz give the Eagles a solid advantage in keeping him.

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
                          His comfort level here and his relationship with Wentz give the Eagles a solid advantage in keeping him.
                          This Eagles team seems different than those of the recent past, even the successful ones. There's a strong family vibe.

I'm sure a lot of that can be attributed to Wentz and Doug.

I'm not saying people won't look out for themselves and their families first and foremost but it really seems like everyone wants to be here.

A lot of the players on this team are very religiously involved and connected too. Burton is a part of that group.

Comment

Originally posted by slag View Post
                            Right now, at the lowest ebb of the season - there is still more than $300 million in unspent cap available. And that only includes the top 16 teams in terms of cap space.

There is way more money to spend than talent available and Trey Burton is already a topic of discussions in front offices around the league. Down year in the draft for TE's too per reports I came across

Does Philly have the cash to get into a battle over him ? Doesn't seem like it

Comment

Oh yeah

Howlo McDuck has a secret basement of cash.

Obscenity is the last refuge of an inarticulate motherfucker.

Comment

Working...
                              X