Win the toss take the ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win the toss take the ball

They need to make a statement that they want to win the game. Being cute because you want to double up the possession at the end of the half is hubris at this point. Take the ball and do something. It’s better than have a nine minute opening drive against them to start the game. This coaching staff needs to adjust to the reality of the situation.

It's "cute" and "hubris" to want to double up? It is a slam dunk decision and it's something they've done well all year - including the last time they played the Giants.

I remember the last time the Eagles elected to receive in order to make a statement. Dallas 2019. It didn't work out.

I'm not sure what you're saying the "reality of the situation is," but this team is not even close to being in the spot that they were then. Their backup QB shit the bed and now they'll clinch the #1 seed if they beat a vastly inferior opponent. Eagles by 20.

Comment

The air was taken out of the place by the nine minute drive to start the game. The pressure builds when you are behind at home with your backup. They need to take control of this early, especially against a team with nothing to play for.

Comment

Am I missing something about Hurts? Sounds like he was close last week and will play this week.

I think they can take control against the Giants the way they did in the first game.

Comment

Working...
        X