I cannot for the life of me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cannot for the life of me...

get this coaching staff unwillingness to run...this game called for it many times and they continued to throw and put Hurts in situations that were unnecessary...at least we have a week off...on another note it was nice to watch the Boyz shit all over themselves

It is odd. I don't know if they thought they could
    crash course Hurts on the passing game thinking they could get him out at the half. You would think they would have gone for clock
    control.

Comment

That game called for run after run...was Sander hurt? although Scott is a Vagiant killer...could Fudgepackers, Vagiants, or Boyz...LETS GO!

Comment

Sometimes I have no idea what team people are watching. The Eagles rank 23rd in pass attempts and 3rd in rush attempts. This staff has run the ball more than any other in the league over the last two years. That's not unwillingness to run the ball.

The plan today was obviously to throw early and let Hurts shake some rust off. They ended up running the ball plenty and it was actually ineffective in some key spots. It's almost like completely taking Hurts's running ability out of the playbook affected things.
        Last edited by art vandelay; 01-08-2023, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I've seen every game they've played this year so ease up on that...sorry I didn't get the stat book out...what I'm saying is that game called for them to eat some clock especially playing a team of second stringers...OK on Hurts getting some rust off but a few possessions late in that game we did the vagiants a favor by incompletions and stopping the clock. Having to kick 5 FG instead of a few TD's didn't help either

Comment

No need to get out the stat book to know that this is one of the most run-heavy teams in the league. Late in the game is when they ran yesterday. I think they did the Giants a favor by running the ball in goal-to-go.

Comment

OK we just have to agree to disagree...glad we got the week off and can heal some players...hopefully get back to the team that was 13-1

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                Sometimes I have no idea what team people are watching. The Eagles rank 23rd in pass attempts and 3rd in rush attempts. This staff has run the ball more than any other in the league over the last two years. That's not unwillingness to run the ball.

The plan today was obviously to throw early and let Hurts shake some rust off. They ended up running the ball plenty and it was actually ineffective in some key spots. It's almost like completely taking Hurts's running ability out of the playbook affected things.
                But how much of that is Hurts and not rbs.
                ".........there is no experience in the NFL like walking out of the tunnel at the Vet and listening to the fans get on you for three solid hours. Those people invent new ways to abuse you every year." Bill Parcels on the Eagle's fans

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack View Post

But how much of that is Hurts and not rbs.
                  Hurts's running ability is big part of this team's offense. If you take away his attempts, you're taking away a lot of called runs that open things up for the RBs.

Comment

I still don't like the called running plays for Hurts. Him running when nothing is open downfield is another thing. This offense is good enough that Hurts shouldn't have to bear the burden of running.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pat View Post
                      I still don't like the called running plays for Hurts. Him running when nothing is open downfield is another thing. This offense is good enough that Hurts shouldn't have to bear the burden of running.
                      I disagree, the possibility of Hurts running forces Ds to keep an eye on him. The Giants saw early on in the game that Hurts would not run and our O struggled. They kept Hurts safe, but it affected the O in other ways, much like Minshew under center, no one was worried that his legs would burn them. The fact is, the threat Hurts poses with his ability to run is what makes the rest of the O click. Also, most of his runs are NOT called runs, they are part of the options he has when under center, and I am sure the coaches would rather he hand off or pass more often. I think Hurts played a little too loosely on that frozen field in Chicago, but I also think it will make him more judicious in the future. Like TO in the SB, Hurts played to avoid contact, and that is why we sputtered all day long. I expect that he will not be constrained that way in the playoffs, nor should he be.
                      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        get this coaching staff unwillingness to run...this game called for it many times and they continued to throw and put Hurts in situations that were unnecessary...at least we have a week off...on another note it was nice to watch the Boyz shit all over themselves
                        I think they got Andy-itus?

it's still lingering in the halls
                        YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Working...
                        X