RIP David Crosby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP David Crosby

2023 sure is doing a number on musicians so far. Jeff Beck earlier this month, now David Crosby. Any old heads in here ever dig on CSN/CSNY? I remember it was some of the first rock music I ever listened to when I'd be in my dad's truck as a little boy on cassette tape, and the vocal harmonies between Crosby, Stills and Nash always amazed me. I got into the Grateful Dead when I was in high school and still remember how cool I thought the story was of the Dead (namely, Jerry) agreeing to play lap steel guitar on CSNY's "Teach Your Children" if CSNY gave the Dead harmony lessons. The Grateful Dead was in the studio recording The Workingman's Dead and nearby CSNY was recording Deja Vu. Really cool.

I know David had his battles with addiction and health issues over the years, but it still sucks. RIP to one of my favorite singers and musicians.
    Last edited by BirdsInNC; 01-20-2023, 10:55 AM.
    "You on the other hand, describe your shit so many times and revel in how glorious or strange it looks that there is absolutely no doubt you most definitely DO have a shit fetish." - Kelly Green

Jim Lahey is a drunk bastard.

Originally posted by BirdsInNC View Post
    2023 sure is doing a number on musicians so far. Jeff Beck earlier this month, now David Crosby. Any old heads in here ever dig on CSN/CSNY? I remember it was some of the first rock music I ever listened to when I'd be in my dad's truck as a little boy on cassette tape, and the vocal harmonies between Crosby, Stills and Nash always amazed me. I got into the Grateful Dead when I was in high school and still remember how cool I thought the story was of the Dead (namely, Jerry) agreeing to play lap steel guitar on CSNY's "Teach Your Children" if CSNY gave the Dead harmony lessons. The Grateful Dead was in the studio recording The Workingman's Dead and nearby CSNY was recording Deja Vu. Really cool.

I know David had his battles with addiction and health issues over the years, but it still sucks. RIP to one of my favorite singers and musicians.
    since no one said a word when my idol Jeff passed....David was an awesome writer,,not everyone has that gift,,he brought emotion and compassion to what he wrote or covered,,,I seen CSN open for the dead several times and seen them maybe around 20 times...always loved their music reminded me of American Music ..CCR, Jefferson Airplane, the Dead, the Allmans and CSN OR NY,,,Always a good show never recall a bad one,,,,seen few where David didn't know how to walk out on stage/lol, but he got out there and did his thing....will always love their music also One of the 1st bands I saw live..their Performance at Woodstock in 94 was special bringing back the memories of the original...sad day in the music world for sure,,,keep on trucking Bobby and Jorma...keep touring,,,don't stop...RIP David and thanks for all the memories.
    Last edited by TRENT; 01-20-2023, 02:03 PM.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

Yeah, I always dug CSN, and remember hearing them all the time growing up. I didn't really know them in their hey-day but really appreciated their incredible vocals and poignant lyrics. I bought their box set shortly after CDs came out and got heavily into all their tracks and liked some of the deep tracks more than the popular ones.

I did get to see them at the House of Blues Los Angeles in 2003 but at the time Stills couldn't sing that well but they had plenty of others to help with that.
      YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

I'VE SEEN CSN, AND SOMETIMES Y, FOUR TIMES....TWICE EACH...WAS ALWAYS A GOOD NIGHT.... Y SHOWS WERE ALWAYS MORE POLITICAL BUT GREAT NIGHTS REGARDLESS.

AS FOR JEFF BECK ONLY TWICE, BUT ONCE WAS WITH SANTANA....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? TALK ABOUT GREAT NIGHT.
        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
        X