The Eagles are historically the worst team in the NFC East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eagles are historically the worst team in the NFC East

Let's face it. 1 for 4 in Super Bowls. The other teams in our division have been better. We need to stop acting like we breathe some kind of rarefied air. It makes you look like an a$$hole.

Yep.

Comment

Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, and Flyers all made the finals in 1980... The City of Philadelphia went 1 for 4 on that so it's on par with the Eagles..

Comment

Chokeadelphia
        "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Chokeadelphia
          God hates Philadelphia sports
          --------
          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

God hates Philadelphia sports
            Hey yeah, how come IG and KG didn't put a good word in for us? They were probably giggling and clapping like school girls when the igs lost!

Comment

Such a kick in the goddamned teeth. Should’ve known. We can’t have nice things

Comment

Worst Philly sports loss since the 2011 Phillies, IMO. And I feel like it will be worse over time. The team was completely healthy, had a relatively easy path to the Super Bowl, and had Hurts on his rookie deal. Also, who knows how long Sirianni's shtick will resonate with the players.

Comment

Originally posted by rothdawg View Post
                  Worst Philly sports loss since the 2011 Phillies, IMO. And I feel like it will be worse over time. The team was completely healthy, had a relatively easy path to the Super Bowl, and had Hurts on his rookie deal. Also, who knows how long Sirianni's shtick will resonate with the players.
                  This team was legit. What a chicken choke by the defense in the second half.

It’s bad. Real bad. How bad really depends on what happens in the next couple of years. All I can hope for right now is a good draft. At least they aren’t starved for draft picks no matter what Jerruh says.

--------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

This team was legit. What a chicken choke by the defense in the second half.

It’s bad. Real bad. How bad really depends on what happens in the next couple of years. All I can hope for right now is a good draft. At least they aren’t starved for draft picks no matter what Jerruh says.
                    Agree. This was by far the strongest and most complete team I've ever seen the Eagles have. Really thought they score 30+ and it would have been in the bag.

Comment

The Cowboys and Redskins have not
                      neen relevant or in the Super Bowl
                      in this century. It's kind of hard to compare the game now to the game of the 70, 80 and 90's. I look at it as three super bowls and one wine this
                      centiry. The Giants have 3 and 2.

Comment

I knew we were fucked when we started settling for field goals. Fuck you very much Quez Watkins.

Comment

As per usual, RSE with a great point...huge play not talked about enough...he catches that we're up...maybe not to look back

Comment

fuck it! it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                              As per usual, RSE with a great point...huge play not talked about enough...he catches that we're up...maybe not to look back
                              There should've been a DPI call on that play. The defender grabbed Watkins before the ball got there and he wasn't looking back for the ball. Plus, the overturned call on the Smith (ruled) catch in the first half. Even former referee, Mike Perrera said he didn't see clear evidence to overturn the call, BUT THEY DID. As the result, the Eagles settled for a FG, whereas, they probably would've scored a TD.

Comment

Working...
                              X