Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That slick field neutralized the Eagles advantage on the front lines.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That slick field neutralized the Eagles advantage on the front lines.

Unfortunate because I thought that dominating the trenches was how they were going to win.

No excuse for that defensive performance in the second half. What did Gannon adjust during that extra long halftime? It was obvious the field was a problem for our pass rush.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Big game in the world. Love to hear the NFL’s thought process for approving those conditions. Aside from inclement weather, that had to be the worse conditioned field in 2023.

Comment

I would also like to know what the NFL was thinking. I'm not a conspiracy guy. Both sacks between teams that combined for 125 in the regular season were plays on which Hurts ran out of bounds a few inches behind the LOS. That's lame.
      Last edited by art vandelay; 02-14-2023, 12:56 PM.

Comment

How do you screw up the field prep for the biggest game of year? SMFH. I have a feeling I'll be in Vegas this time next year.

Comment

Didn’t the announcers mention that the Chiefs had complained about the field earlier in the season?
          John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            I would also like to know what the NFL was thinking. I'm not a conspiracy guy. Both sacks between teams that combined for 125 in the regular season were plays on which Hurts ran out of bounds a few inches behind the LOS. That's lame.
            With the Eagles DL and OL, and with Mahomes and his sprain, a quality field favored the Eagles.

Comment

eheeeeem

I agree
              OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
              "BFTR"

Comment

The story from the game would have focused on the field conditions if Mahomes had slipped on the field and impacted his play.
                Similarly, if the opposite situation had occurred, and the Eagles had the ball with a marginal penalty that decided the game in the Eagles favor, I believe the discussion around officiating would be a lot louder and rule changes would probably be discussed.
                While I think if the Eagles won that way, many Eagles fans would have been happy, such an ugly win would be less satisfying. Regardless, the Eagles didn't make enough plays to win.

Comment

Working...
                X