Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The field conditions impacted the game, IMO.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The field conditions impacted the game, IMO.

Both teams had to deal with the condition of the field, but both teams were impacted differently because of their strengths.

The Eagles strength, and a key to their success IMO, was their 4 man pressure. Their success with 4 man pressure is well documented. Poor field conditions neutralized that important advantage.

I do believe that the NFL should provide explanations to reasonable questions:

1. Why was the field in such poor condition and who is responsible for the field condition?

Materials and time to get it right isn’t a factor in today’s world. A small private HS sports “factory” in Florida (IMG) spends money to re-sod their fields in a short period of time. Their fields are always in pristine condition, and yet they don’t have nearly the budget, expertise or connections like the NFL. The SB was in a dry climate, their was a year to prepare along with over a month since the Cardinals played on the field, and so how did they come to the conclusion that this was the best they could do?

2. Why was the poor field conditions not talked about prior to the game? With so much media coverage, should that be communicated to the public as a key factor to how the game will be played by both teams? I believe serious gamblers would tell you it’s a factor in their decision making… so why the secrecy?

If NFL doesn’t want “conspiracy theories” floating around (and it is floating around all the time) then they should be forth right about these unacceptable conditions prior to the game.

And at the very least, they should explain to the caring fans as to why they allowed a substandard field.

Safety for the players is a whole other discussion.

If they don’t want conspiracy theories maybe the fat assed commissioner should jump into Chris Jones’ arms like a horny wife welcoming her husband back from war. Goodell is turning this port into a scripted show.
    Last edited by 1960; 02-14-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Wait til next year when the games in Vegas

Comment

A sloppy field negates the Eagles ability to get to Mahomes, thus protecting Goodell's Golden Boy and making him the SB MVP. Don't think they didn't think about this. I'd wager the field was in much better shape a week before the game. There is a lot the groundskeepers can do to ruin a field on short notice. Between the field, the bias zebras under orders to fuck the Eagles over if they could and the long wait for the second half after the boring half time show causing our defense to come out cold. The Fix Was In.
        Last edited by Phire Phat Phuck; 02-14-2023, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phire Phat Phuck View Post
          A sloppy field negates the Eagles ability to get to Mahomes, thus protecting Goodell's Golden Boy and making him the SB MVP. Don't think they didn't think about this. I'd wager the field was in much better shape a week before the game. There is a lot the groundskeepers can do to ruin a field on short notice. Between the field, the bias zebras under orders to fuck the Eagles over if they could and the long wait for the second half after the boring half time show causing our defense to come out cold. The Fix Was In.
          Plus, the guy wo was the engineer behind the lousy field is a die hard Chiefs fan. No suspicions there, right?

Comment

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not. But if someone did mess up the field conditions on purpose, yes both teams would have to play on it but it would probably still favor the Chiefs and the style in which they played. And didn't they come well prepared for it with extra sets of cleats as if they expected the bad field? And weren't the Eagles scrambling to change their cleats during the game? It may be a little thing, but as they say, The Devil's in the Details.

Comment

Let me make sure I'm understanding you here. The NFL fixed a Super Bowl so that their golden boy would win. But they didn't fix SB 52 so that Brady would win?

Comment

A lot of what I said is probably frustration talking. All I know is that the field could have and should have been in tip top shape. No excuse for that given the importance of the game. A sloppy field did give an advantage to a banged up Mahomes. To think the higher ups in the NFL organization did not have a preference as to which quarterback, or team for that matter won the game is a bit naïve. Everyone has a favorite. That's not to say the opposing team might not have another view. SB52 was played on a much better field where it was not much of a factor in the outcome. The better team won because they scored more points, not because the playing field sucked. And as much as the league and fans nationwide may have wanted Brady to win more, it didn't happen because the Eagles won. Goodell could affect the outcome of the game simply by not doing something. Like making sure the field was in great shape. Or not. Maybe not a conspiracy, but certainly a lack of commitment and professionalism.

Comment

"I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not. But if someone did mess up the field conditions on purpose, yes both teams would have to play on it but it would probably still favor the Chiefs and the style in which they played. And didn't they come well prepared for it with extra sets of cleats as if they expected the bad field? And weren't the Eagles scrambling to change their cleats during the game? It may be a little thing, but as they say, The Devil's in the Details.
                    Yes, I agree the field condition worked more against the Eagles who were the better defensive team. And yes, I think it was intentional. There is so much betting on games that it's practically impossible to rule out the possibility of some fixing.

Comment

Submitted for your approval:

What is the name of the stadium with the crappy field where the Superbowl was held?

What insurance company had / has an an advertising campaign featuring the QB and FF of the winning team in the Superbowl?

--------
                      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

OH MAN....ALL THESE CONSPIRACIES GETTING EMBARRASSING.

SOUND LIKE ALL THE OTHER LOSER TEAMS....
                        OH ITS NOT OUR FAULT BECAUSE OF THIS OR THAT...
                        I GUESS THE PACKERS SPRAYED DOWN THE FIELD FOR THE 1967 NFL CHAMPIONSHIP BECAUSE IT WAS GOING TO BE BELOW ZERO, TO GIVE THEM THE ADVANTAGE, AND IT NEVER STOPPED.

ITS NO WONDER OTHER CITIES LAUGH AT EAGLES FANS.

SOUND LIKE A BUNCH OF X WIVES ALL SITTING AROUND BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE.....
                        Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 02-28-2023, 10:18 AM.
                        "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Comment

Working...
                        X