Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last sunday was just a bad dream, right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last sunday was just a bad dream, right?

Fly Eagles Fly tomorrow!!
    "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

1980 was a bad dream, and when everyone was so damn confident about this game, I knew it was bad Karma. If you weren't around back then, the birds faced the first WC team to make the SB and NOBODY thought they could beat us! Well, we got shellacked that day and it ushered in 2 decades of futility. Last Sunday was bad, but this time everyone disregarded a seasoned SB team with maybe the most amazing QB to ever enter the league, and our inexperience cost us, but we were not out of it until the refs ended a great game in the lamest way possible. Hurts clearly proved he is an up and coming superstar, and this time the future looks brighter. It looks like Howie has learned too, and I expect he will field another contender next year. Maybe you need to live true misery like we did in the 80s and 90s to be able to handle this loss, The 40 and under crowd has been spoiled, especially those that came on board during the Reid era, they have no idea how bad it could be and how good it actually looks going forward.
    The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
      1980 was a bad dream, and when everyone was so damn confident about this game, I knew it was bad Karma. If you weren't around back then, the birds faced the first WC team to make the SB and NOBODY thought they could beat us! Well, we got shellacked that day and it ushered in 2 decades of futility. Last Sunday was bad, but this time everyone disregarded a seasoned SB team with maybe the most amazing QB to ever enter the league, and our inexperience cost us, but we were not out of it until the refs ended a great game in the lamest way possible. Hurts clearly proved he is an up and coming superstar, and this time the future looks brighter. It looks like Howie has learned too, and I expect he will field another contender next year. Maybe you need to live true misery like we did in the 80s and 90s to be able to handle this loss, The 40 and under crowd has been spoiled, especially those that came on board during the Reid era, they have no idea how bad it could be and how good it actually looks going forward.
      The last game at the Vet before it was demolished still stings me today.

Comment

Working...
      X