Maybe it's too early, maybe I'm just trying to heal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's too early, maybe I'm just trying to heal

I don't want the eagles drafting heavy or allocating a ton to the defense. If there's another great wr @10 vs a cb I'd prefer the wr. Build this thing around your growing QB so there is talent everywhere. I hope they go heavy on offense and let young guys play on defense. I've seen so many mocks of the eagles taking cb...i think the best way to improve the team is by having elite talent on offense with a good pass rush and high effort guys on the back end. I'm fine with Blankenship playing, let mcphearson play etc. They are going to get beat anyway why use top assets for them?

I agree overall that defense is highly variable in today's NFL. The top 3 defenses in the playoffs came out looking pretty bad. Hell, the Super Bowl winning defense gave up 35 points. But IMO they can’t afford to have a black hole opposite Slay the way they did in 21. I think they should try to hit on a CB at 10 or a few slots later if they trade back. Even factoring in a trade that pick may be the highest they have for a while.

It doesn’t sound like this is the year to go WR early. I think it’s in play at 30. It would surprise everyone but I’m fine with it if the BPA is a WR in that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I agree overall that defense is highly variable in today's NFL. The top 3 defenses in the playoffs came out looking pretty bad. Hell, the Super Bowl winning defense gave up 35 points. But IMO they can’t afford to have a black hole opposite Slay the way they did in 21. I think they should try to hit on a CB at 10 or a few slots later if they trade back. Even factoring in a trade that pick may be the highest they have for a while.

It doesn’t sound like this is the year to go WR early. I think it’s in play at 30. It would surprise everyone but I’m fine with it if the BPA is a WR in that spot.
      I don't feel like nelson was a black hole. He was perfectly fine as a #2. I think the scheme sucked horribly on top of coverage busting (same as this year, they just saw way less good qbs).I honestly think the defense will look better to the eye, and probably worse statistically and analytically next year as they are going to be seeing better offenses. Id rather see a scenario where they continue to build an accumulate top level talent on offense and it remains loaded. I guess I've lived in WR hell for so long I never want to see it again.

Comment

Working...
      X