Looks like CJGJ might run it back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like CJGJ might run it back

Many reports that the market he was hoping for is not what he expected and may return on a 1 year deal with lots of incentives.

I mean gives them a chance to tag him or extend him later.

I'll take it....think getting him back is more important than slay or cox, but having them all back is a good thing.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

fully agree. Cox can be replaced and I am a bit nervous Slay has fallen off a bit. But CJGJ back with Maddox can help depending on how Desai rolls coverages.

Comment

The lack of a market for CJGJ makes me wonder if he was just in the right place at the right time a lot last year.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          The lack of a market for CJGJ makes me wonder if he was just in the right place at the right time a lot last year.
          sometimes players over price themselves...he's not a left tackle,,,he's a Hybrid safety.
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. He was also out for a decent amount of time and there was not a huge drop off (at least after the benched Josiah Scott).

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

I was thinking the same thing. He was also out for a decent amount of time and there was not a huge drop off (at least after the benched Josiah Scott).
              FWIW, PFF didn't rate him very well last season, and actually graded him below Mills. It definitely looks like CJGJ is betting on himself with a 1-year deal.

I wonder if they'd consider a safety at #30. It's not a position they value very highly, but they're running low on positions where a first round pick would even get snaps.

Comment

Welp
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

FWIW, PFF didn't rate him very well last season, and actually graded him below Mills. It definitely looks like CJGJ is betting on himself with a 1-year deal.

I wonder if they'd consider a safety at #30. It's not a position they value very highly, but they're running low on positions where a first round pick would even get snaps.

All things considered I'm fine with this outcome. Players feeling slighted can be a real problem. I wonder if the entire Slay thing was based upon a last ditch effort to sign CJGJ and he pushed his luck to far. They then pivoted and brought back Slay.
                  Last edited by 1960; 03-19-2023, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X