Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AND BY THE WAY...THE PITCH CLOCK SUCKS, AND...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AND BY THE WAY...THE PITCH CLOCK SUCKS, AND...

IT WILL HURT THE GAME MORE THAN HELP.

SO WHAT, GAMES ARE LONG....NO SHIT...ITS NINE INNINGS, NOT A TIMED GAME LIKE MOST OTHER SPORTS. OF COURSE IT WILL TAKE LONGER.
    ONLY GAME NOT TIMED IS WHAT....TENNIS?

IMO....THEY ARE RUINING BASEBALL.

OUR ENTIRE SOCIETY HAS ADHD...
    JUST RELAX ENJOY THE GAME FOR WHAT IT IS, WHY F WITH IT?

"LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

If you accept that MLB doesn’t care about what you, or I, or any OG who watched actual men play actual baseball think, it will help the bad medicine go down.

Comment

SO FAR THE PITCH CLOCK HAS KNOCKED OFF AN AVG OF 25 MINUTES FROM GAME CLOCK.

SO TO ME THATS 25 LESS MINUTES I GET TO ENJOY WATCHING WHAT WAS ENJOYABLE ATMOSPHERE IN THE PARK.

MAYBE IM JUST GETTING OLD..
      BUT I ENJOY A LONG DAY AT THE PARK...OLD TWINIGHT DOUBLEHEADERS ETC.
      I CAN REMEMBER GOING TO TWINIGHTERS AT CONNIE MACK AND JUST LOVING THE ENTIRE EVENING..
      .STAYING EVERY PITCH NO MATTER HOW MANY EXTRA INNINGS GAMES WENT.

Comment

Would it be impolite to point out that even with the twenty-five minutes reduced you still would on the average more time lazing in the ball park on a summer afternoon today than you would have in the old days?

Twinight double headers are a thing of the past and they aren’t coming back.
        Last edited by RSE; 04-04-2023, 06:42 PM.

Comment

GOTTA HELP ME OUT HERE.
          IF ITS 25 MINUTES SHORTER GAME NOW, HOW IS IT LONGER IN THE PARK THAN A GAME HALF HOUR LONGER?

AND THIS CALLED THIRD STRIKE BECAUSE OF A CLOCK NOT A PITCH IS MESSED UP.

I KNOW DBL HEADERS WITH SAME TICKET WONT BE BACK EVER.
          BUT IT WAS GREAT SITTING, WATCHING BASEBALL FOR HOURS AND HOURS.
          MY FATHER USUALLY ONLY WENT TO DBL HEADERS. WE WALKED 16 BLOCKS TO CONNIE MACK.
          I CAN REMEMBER A TWINIGHTER WITH THE MUTTS, BOTH GAMES GOING EXTRA INNINGS. WE DIDN'T GET HOME TILL AFTER 3 AM. LONG WALK HOME THAT NIGHT.

ANYWAY...IM NOT A FAN OF PITCH CLOCK BUT STOPPING THE SHIFT IM IN FAVOR OF.

Comment

In those days game times were much shorter on average than in the current time.

My very first major games I saw in person were a twinight double header in 1969 at Connie Mack against the Cardinals. My dad was and is a huge Cardinals fan.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
              If you accept that MLB doesn’t care about what you, or I, or any OG who watched actual men play actual baseball think, it will help the bad medicine go down.
              There was a point in last night’s Phils broadcast where they said the clock was superimposed on games from 20+ years ago and actually matched the flow of the game.

I hate it. It makes the game stressful, especially in person. It makes leaving/returning to your seats during stoppages harder. People get up less and therefore buy less stuff.

The notion that it syncs up with older games says that maybe players (especially hitters) are divas and need the guardrails. But it sucks as a fan.
              Last edited by BigSlizz; 04-05-2023, 03:20 PM.
              -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                In those days game times were much shorter on average than in the current time.

My very first major games I saw in person were a twinight double header in 1969 at Connie Mack against the Cardinals. My dad was and is a huge Cardinals fan.
                OK. MAKES SENSE I GUESS.
                CONNIE MACK WAS A GREAT OLD GIRL.
                BUT MY FATHER ALWAYS PUT ME BEHIND ONE OF THEM DAMN POSTS.
                WATCHING RICHIE ALLEN POUND BALLS INTO PEOPLE'S HOMES OVER THE WALL.
                Last edited by DEERSPINE GUY; 04-06-2023, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

There was a point in last night’s Phils broadcast where they said the clock was superimposed on games from 20+ years ago and actually matched the flow of the game.

I hate it. It makes the game stressful, especially in person. It makes leaving/returning to your seats during stoppages harder. People get up less and therefore buy less stuff.

The notion that it syncs up with older games says that maybe players (especially hitters) are divas and need the guardrails. But it sucks as a fan.
                  I DON'T LIKE IT ONE BIT...MAKES ME FEEL RUSHED, EVEN AS A PHAN, WITH A GAME THATS NOT SUPPOSED TO.
                  ITS NOT LAID BACK RELAXING ANY LONGER.

I FEEL LIKE IM ALWAYS LATE FOR SOMETHING WATCHING MLB THIS YEAR, WHEN BEFORE I HAD PLENTY OF TIME....

Comment

AND SO I TRIED WATCHING BASEBALL...
                    PITCH CLOCK MAKES ME CRAZY....
                    JUST CAN'T DO IT.....YET.

Comment

Working...
                    X