Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we really a 1 running back Offense with Hurts back there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we really a 1 running back Offense with Hurts back there?

I loved having Blount in the BF. He was great for us,,Henry is Stud, but the kind of back that needs 26 carries a game to really get his numbers...I just don't know if this team with its Hybrid RPO can get him the carries that he would want...I love watching the guy run the ball when healthy; but I'm not sure if this offense would be able to give him enough touches.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Carries PALE in comparison to a Super Bowl ring. For some, it takes time to figure that out.

Comment

I think any player would agree with you,,but one RB is not a guarantee of getting back to the big game...Its tough coming off a SB loss,,,we will see what this team is made of that's for sure.
      Last edited by TRENT; 04-24-2023, 03:03 PM.
      OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
      "BFTR"

Comment

This offense is built around the run game stressing defenses. It opens up the pass so much. With Hurts being a threat to run, they should move heaven and earth to draft Bijon. Having a RB like him on a rookie deal for 4 years with the 5th year option makes it easier to keep the rest of the offense intact. Howie has proven time and again that he can find OL later on in the draft and Stoutland can make me a stud on the line.

He can move up and down the board later on for OL and DL, even secondary help but we Bijon would make this offense ridiculously unstoppable if healthy. Running behind that line with AJ, Devonte and Goedart, damn the possibilities are endless. Pick your poison you are exposed in D all over the field.

Ya, RB high in the draft usually is dumb, but not for this team and how it is built. Penny cannot be counted on as he is always hurt an you cannot rely on Gainwell to be your #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post
          Having a RB like him on a rookie deal for 4 years with the 5th year option makes it easier to keep the rest of the offense intact.
          What about Jahmyr Gibbs with the #30 pick? Most say he has the best hands in the draft. Wouldn't he be a better fit for this style offense? They could still get that defensive lineman with their first pick.

I'm still not a fan of RBs in the first round but they do have an extra first in a weak draft. The perfect scenario is if they were able to get Gibbs in the second but I am not sure if he will last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakebitten View Post

What about Jahmyr Gibbs with the #30 pick? Most say he has the best hands in the draft. Wouldn't he be a better fit for this style offense? They could still get that defensive lineman with their first pick.

I'm still not a fan of RBs in the first round but they do have an extra first in a weak draft. The perfect scenario is if they were able to get Gibbs in the second but I am not sure if he will last that long.

While I am not a fan of a RB in he 1st either, this dude is 3 down back with power, speed and good hands. We have built and offense around our franchise QB might as well go all in and give him the best skill players.

Gainwell and Scott both have good hands but this dude will be a load and could wear defenses down quick or especially at the end of games. This is a luxury pick why not go unconventional and make the offense insane. The new NFL and its rules are catered to the offense. Even games are mostly shootouts now so go out and get an offense that can beat you 6 ways from Sunday. Sweat isn't a 1st round pick. we have another 1st and a 2nd to focus on other positions. Ya this might be a crazy idea but crazy might win a SB why not.

Comment

Any other year, I would not be convinced drafting a RB in the first makes any sense. This year, I feel slightly different. I think the biggest reason is because this draft is weak. I still don't envision this team ever being one that actually uses that primary running back. Maybe this is the year they pivot.

The best fit on the draft board is Jalen Carter (Will Anderson will most likely be too high). While he comes with those red flags we have all heard about, his upside would have a bigger impact on the defense than Robinson would have on the offense IMO. The problem is, I don't see him being there after Seattle and Detroit picks. I don't think Las Vegas wants another reckless driver taken early in the draft from a PR perspective but they are the Raiders. I think Howie would need to trade up here to have a shot at him if he drops. Now, this could all be moot if he bombs the interview and/or if the current Eagles players (Davis and Dean) don't give him a ringing endorsement.

At the end of day, I would like to see Carter and Gibbs with their first two picks. If they decided to instead go Robinson and Kancey or Bresee, I guess I can't complain. I just worry about Howie drafting a defensive need that late in the first round....especially on defense.

Hargrave was the biggest loss this offseason so they need to fill that hole early. I'm not sold on Davis yet.

Comment

Working...
              X