• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No 39 year old Canadian firemen!

Don’t get cute!
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

15 other NFC teams are hoping like hell we don’t draft Bijan. What are they going to say? “We dodged a bullet there. I thought for sure the Eagles would draft depth at DE with the number 10 pick.”

Comment

One could argue that those teams are the ones choosing Ezekiel Elliott over Jalen Ramsey or taking Saquon Barkley over Roquan Smith with Top 5 picks.

If you prioritize the defense, there's no reason to sweat who other teams draft as their running back.

Comment

I wonder which team has regrets over selecting Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, or Emmitt Smith.

Comment

AGREE 100%

Againstus Twatkinsus

YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWEED!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
            I wonder which team has regrets over selecting Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson, or Emmitt Smith.
            Hurts wasn't even born the last time any of those running backs were in a Super Bowl.

At the end of the day, when was the last time any of these first-round running backs really helped take a team to the Super Bowl? It's hard to ignore this list.

http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

Comment

Sony Michel was the last one. The history doesn't look that bad considering only 4 running backs have gone in the first round since then. Fournette wasn't a good draft pick, but helped the Bucs win in 2020.

I agree that running back isn't a valuable position, but you could say that first-round picks at a lot of positions don't have a good track record of being contributors on teams that reached (won?) the Super Bowl.

Comment

Isaih Pacheco was a seventh round pick, out of Rutgers for God’s sakes, but he was the right man for a team ready to win the Super Bowl.

That’s what Robinson is. The right man in the right place at the right time for a Super Bowl team.

Comment

The Eagles would need to change their offense to accommodate a running back that would need to touch the ball 20+ times a game. They certainly don't run an offense anything remotely like that now. Once they take Robinson that high, they would need to justify that pick. That means the other three backs are getting table scraps at best.

To be clear, I would not be totally upset if they draft Robinson in the first round. It just doesn't make sense from what we've watched this team do. I just truly think they are more comfortable rolling the dice on a running back later in the draft. I can't argue with that philosophy because I watch it work with Super Bowl teams every year.

I think Devon Achane or Deuce Vaughn is more likely.

Comment

I’m getting a Ricky Williams frenzy about this.

Comment

Why do we need to give Bijon twenty carries a game?

Comment

As the only Bored Longhorns fan, Bijon shared reps in the backfield at Texas.
                        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          Why do we need to give Bijon twenty carries a game?
                          He would need to touch the ball 20 times to justify this pick (including catches). If he gets a Sanders-level workload, it wouldn't make sense.

I still think Gibbs is a better fit. He reminds me of another former Texas running back, Jamaal Charles.

Comment

Working...
                          X