Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOTS OF KAREN'S ON THIS BOARD....

WANGNUTS...
    "LIFE IS FULL OF 4TH AND 1 DECISIONS, CHOOSE YOUR NEXT CROSSROADS WISELY.

Something about the thrill of victory, and the agony of reading about it the next day... only you don't have to wait until the next day anymore.

Comment

I agree DSG, you'd think we are 0-3 and not 3-0 the way some folks are reacting. Here is what I see, they are getting better each week. All the talk was about TB's run D, another top notch run defense that we bulldozed for 200+ yards. The bird dawgs in the center of our D line are becoming a force, and when Hurts threw that pick at the 1 yard line, I was not surprised at all that we got that safety. I'm enjoying the ride so far, and it is a pity some folks seem like they are just looking for us to screw up. Look at that last drive, no points, but with 9 minutes left in the game, we took the ball and never let them touch it again. Swift is a beast, Carter and Davis are just getting started, damn good already with a ton of upside.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

A real team would have scored 70 points last night

Comment

DUMBEST THING FISH DID, RUNNING IT UP.
          LIKE TRENT SAID. BAD KARMA.
          THEY PUT A TARGET ON THEIR BACK....

IGGS ARE 3 AND OH AND ONLY GETTING BETTER EACH WEEK.
          BRING ON THE FORESKINS.

THIS PLACE IS GETTING UNREADABLE.
          MOST OF THE OG'S KNOW IT.
          THIEY GONE.

Comment

Truth is DSG, that these kids have no idea what BAD really looks like. I remember the early 70s, that was a bad football team.
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Truth is DSG, that these kids have no idea what BAD really looks like. I remember the early 70s, that was a bad football team.
              YES IT WAS..I HEAR YA. WE'VE SEEN THE SHIT ON THE FIELD, GOING TO THE LAST GAME OF THE YEAR, WITH THREE WINS, SITTING THERE IN 10°.

Comment

If you haven’t sat in the 700 level at The Vet in subzero wind chills watching Izel Jenkins getting torched by Neil Lomax, you don’t know what you don’t know.

Comment

Do you mean to tell me that you didn't enjoy watching Pete Liske throw a pass while sitting on his ass? I was eight months old when we beat Lombardi's Packers for the '60 title and by the time I really started following football in the mid-late 60's the Birds were a bumbling embarrassment. I don't remember anything about the game but I do remember us getting killed 62-10 by the Giants in '72 when I was in 6th grade. I also remember it being considered a successful season when we finished 7-7 during Bergey's first season.
                  Last edited by headknocker; 09-27-2023, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by headknocker View Post

Do you mean to tell me that you didn't enjoy watching Pete Liske throw a pass while sitting on his ass? I was eight months old when we beat Lombardi's Packers for the '60 title and by the time I really started following football in the mid-late 60's the Birds were a bumbling embarrassment. I don't remember anything about the game but I do remember us getting killed 62-10 by the Giants in '72 when I was in 6th grade. I also remember it being considered a successful season when we finished 7-7 during Bergey's first season.
                    I WAS THREE IN SIXTY. WE'RE IN THE SAME BOAT.
                    ALL THAT SHIT WE SAT THRU MAKES ALL THIS SO SPECIAL TO US OLD FUCKS.
                    AND SO MUCH MORE PATIENT.
                    I CAN REMEMBER GOING TO FRANKLIN FIELD WATCHING IGGLES SEVERAL TIMES IN MID TO LATE 60'S... SAYING UM...DAD WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?
                    HOWEVER I DID SEE THE GREAT TIM BROWN PLAY.

Comment

Originally posted by DEERSPINE GUY View Post

I WAS THREE IN SIXTY. WE'RE IN THE SAME BOAT.
                      ALL THAT SHIT WE SAT THRU MAKES ALL THIS SO SPECIAL TO US OLD FUCKS.
                      AND SO MUCH MORE PATIENT.
                      I CAN REMEMBER GOING TO FRANKLIN FIELD WATCHING IGGLES SEVERAL TIMES IN MID TO LATE 60'S... SAYING UM...DAD WHAT ARE WE DOING HERE?
                      HOWEVER I DID SEE THE GREAT TIM BROWN PLAY.
                      My favorite player BY FAR on those sad sack teams was Harold Jackson and I was so mad and frustrated when they traded him to the Rams. I became a Rams fan immediately(my 2nd team obviously) and then they proceeded to frustrate me at playoff time. During that time I remember us playing the Rams on MNF at the Vet and it was freakin' ugly....lost something like 42-3 or 49-3.

Comment

Working...
                      X