Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have NEVER seen an intentional grounding call like that.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have NEVER seen an intentional grounding call like that.

WTF?!?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

strange call.
    Originally posted by NorthJerseyEAGLES:

"I know I'm stupid"

Comment

I saw it called a couple of years ago. Automatic call? It use to be a judgment call back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
        I saw it called a couple of years ago. Automatic call? It use to be a judgment call back in the day.
        It’s gotta be some nuance of the rule because I don’t think Hurts made that throw with the intention of avoiding a sack
        --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

It’s gotta be some nuance of the rule because I don’t think Hurts made that throw with the intention of avoiding a sack
          I believe it’s an automatic call — QB between the tackles and no WR in the area. It’s part of the NFL’s desire to take judgment calls outs.

I personally disagree with it. Like you said, it’s a timing play and Hurts and Brown weren’t on the same page.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post

I believe it’s an automatic call — QB between the tackles and no WR in the area. It’s part of the NFL’s desire to take judgment calls outs.

I personally disagree with it. Like you said, it’s a timing play and Hurts and Brown weren’t on the same page.
            I wonder what constitutes “in the area”? I just saw Mahomes throw something which wasn’t called Intentional grounding because there was a receiver in the “area”. Is there some sort of radius which constitutes the”area”? It there isn’t it’s a judgment call. In this case, I think he intentionally grounded it to avoid the sack.
            --------

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I wonder what constitutes “in the area”? I just saw Mahomes throw something which wasn’t called Intentional grounding because there was a receiver in the “area”. Is there some sort of radius which constitutes the”area”? It there isn’t it’s a judgment call. In this case, I think he intentionally grounded it to avoid the sack.
              After watching Hurts get f'd on a call and Mahomes get another set of downs. A win is a win.... but BS is BS.

Comment

Working...
              X