INT Should have not been thrown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INT Should have not been thrown

I know we lost, I know everyone is pissed at the O.C. I am to, also mad at Hurts. The Int to set them up for the score should have never happened, yes they were trying to put the game away with a first down. But if they ran or Hurts scrambled and stayed in bounds it would have left the Jets with about 1:20 on the clock with no timeouts. Anywhere from their own 25 or in. With the way the Defense was playing I see no chance they score.

I've noticed that whether it's running a QB draw on 3rd down in the 4th quarter (twice against New England), throwing on 3rd down in the 4th quarter, Jalen Hurts not running enough, Jalen Hurts running QB keepers on 3rd and goal, passing 3 times in the red zone, or running 3 times in the red zone, people like to blame Brian Johnson for the result.

I guess it hurts less to blame coaches than actual players.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      I've noticed that whether it's running a QB draw on 3rd down in the 4th quarter (twice against New England), throwing on 3rd down in the 4th quarter, Jalen Hurts not running enough, Jalen Hurts running QB keepers on 3rd and goal, passing 3 times in the red zone, or running 3 times in the red zone, people like to blame Brian Johnson for the result.

I guess it hurts less to blame coaches than actual players.
      On this we can agree. I don't think Johnson is very creative and has a nack for calling a game but the players are not executing at a high level either. Both are very much accountable for the lack of production this year in the passing game and red zone especially.

Comment

Working...
      X