Hot FB rumor re: 2018 UK NFL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot FB rumor re: 2018 UK NFL games

First I want to make clear this is a rumor sweeping FB right now on a site called BGN Radio UK (Bleeding Green Nation). I'm not IT adept at transferring the thing on here but those of you on FB if you want to check it out you can. The games won't be announced until the January playoffs--but here is the big rumor--

Eagles at Jags Sept 23 at 230pm here in the UK at Wembley.

The rest of the rumoured schedule is

Panthers at Steelers--Sept 30 6pm UK time also at Wembley
    Packers at Rams--Oct 14 230pm at Twickenham
    Seahawks at Broncos--Oct 21 6pm at Twickenham
    Raiders at Charger--Nov 11 230pm at Tottenham Stadium

All times are UK times so that means, if true, you'll get to eat breakfast while watching the Birds game.

Tottenham Stadium is the Spurs new home ground and they built it specifically to handle NFL games--the NFL signed a 10 year agreement with the Spurs and with the city. And I believe they threw in some money to finance the stadium. The locker rooms will all be built to NFL standards and they'll have a portable field to roll out when the NFL games are played there.

I'm guessing we know for a fact now that the Eagles play in London next year? The Jags must have had the first place NFC East team on their schedule way in advance.

Kind of like 2015 when if they'd lost the season finale, they would have played the Rams (I think) in London instead of going to Seattle in 2016.

Comment

They NFC rotates with the AFC on a yearly basis. In 2014, the Eagles opened with the Jags at the Linc that year. So next year they play them again, with home field reversed. The NFL is trying to get the last 8 teams to play over in London with the Eagles, Panthers, Packers, Broncos, and Seahawks among 5 of the 8. The Birds play at the Titans and host the Colts and the Texans.
      Last edited by bobbyuk; 12-29-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Five games!!!

When one is too many?

What a load of crap if true. You want football? 5hen start your own fucking league.

That is all
        "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Been to Twick for rugby - great experience How is Wembley for football?
          WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

We're there.

Comment

Wembley is terrific for football! I saw the Eagles there in 1991, and when they had the World League of American Football (precursor to NFL Europe). When they started playing regular season games there I saw the Pats and Bucs in 09. This year I saw the Vikings-Browns at Twickenham. It is a great venue for the NFL.

Comment

Thanks! Good to know!!!
                WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                X