Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it easy to pull the trigger on…..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it easy to pull the trigger on…..

…..Eagles tix, but I’m struggling to shell out the buck fifty for this new 45 RPM 200 Gram Clarity Vinyl remaster of Steely Dan’s “Aja?” No Negadelphatic comments from the Dan haters, please.

hey its simple,,U grew up in a time when a 33 LP was 6 bucks,,,think I paid $11 for yesshows in 81 and that was a double live album. Was a lot.
    OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
    "BFTR"

Comment

You’re right. I’m buying back my collection USED for more than what I bought it for NEW! Aaarrrgghhh! That stuff ended up melted in the garage attic!! I just love spinning a record now. Gives me this warm and fuzzy. Wait, no…..I think that’s the Bombay Sapphire.

Comment

today is Halloween so its been Frank Zappa all day...Freak out! Hot Rats Joes Garage....and more....lol....That's our Halloween tradition.

The Ritual Dance of Child Killers! Ahhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhh!
        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
        "BFTR"

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post
          …..Eagles tix, but I’m struggling to shell out the buck fifty for this new 45 RPM 200 Gram Clarity Vinyl remaster of Steely Dan’s “Aja?” No Negadelphatic comments from the Dan haters, please.
          If you have Heresys (along with a good receiver/turntable combo, I assume), you shouldn't think twice about the $50. That's the stuff those speakers were made for. Spend the money and enjoy two-channel heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by TRENT View Post
            today is Halloween so its been Frank Zappa all day...Freak out! Hot Rats Joes Garage....and more....lol....That's our Halloween tradition.

The Ritual Dance of Child Killers! Ahhhhhhhh! Ahhhhhhhhhh!
            It certainly is, and he wrote the true Philly sports lovers theme song...The Torture Never Stops!
            The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe'

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

If you have Heresys (along with a good receiver/turntable combo, I assume), you shouldn't think twice about the $50. That's the stuff those speakers were made for. Spend the money and enjoy two-channel heaven.
              It’s $150, not $50. For 2 vinyl records at 45 RPM, not one LP at 33 RPM.
              https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...R_Vinyl_Record

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post

It’s $150, not $50. For 2 vinyl records at 45 RPM, not one LP at 33 RPM.
                https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...R_Vinyl_Record
                Oh. Yeah, no.

Comment

You guys ever hear of this person named Tom Port? He claims to be able to identify better sound copies of vinyl (and sells them at a hefty premium). I’m a little skeptical but I saw a piece with a guy challenging him to a blind sound test and damned if he couldn’t identify the supposed higher quality pressings by ear.

Of course, what sounds the best is always in the ear of the individual listener.
                  --------
                  "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
                    You guys ever hear of this person named Tom Port? He claims to be able to identify better sound copies of vinyl (and sells them at a hefty premium). I’m a little skeptical but I saw a piece with a guy challenging him to a blind sound test and damned if he couldn’t identify the supposed higher quality pressings by ear.

Of course, what sounds the best is always in the ear of the individual listener.
                    NHOH. This stuff can make you crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

I've heard the Columbia House prints we all got by the dozen are pretty bad quality. It wouldn't surprise me if he could spot those a mile away.

*Pressings, not prints.
                      Last edited by The Duck; 10-31-2023, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post

It certainly is, and he wrote the true Philly sports lovers theme song...The Torture Never Stops!
                        Reaping greenish drops!

Just re purchased my old 80's liner tracking techniques turn table...Getting ready to set up my old school Stereo system,
                        OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
                        "BFTR"

Comment

Working...
                        X