I know the secondary is getting torched

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know the secondary is getting torched

But I don’t think the talent is THAT bad. I think a lot of time it’s the scheme. It seemed like we (that’s right I said we) weren’t getting the best matchups on Lamb last game, when it was pretty obvious he was going to be the biggest threat.

Plus Prescott always exploits the Eagles scheme for some reason. He still hasn’t thrown a pick at the Linc when he seems to throw them freely against other teams.

i dunno, maybe it has something to do with all the moving pieces we have had in the secondary this year. Hopefully we can use the bye to get a little healthier, improve the scheme and maybe establish a little more continuity there for the second half of the season.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Yeah, like you said, the moving parts will make a difference, but I agree that the talent isn’t that much worse than last year.

Byard/Blankenship shouldn’t be that much worse than CGJG/Epps. The injuries at slot are a killer but Maddox missed a lot of time last year too.

I think it’s partially the tougher schedule, partially Slay and Bradberry playing like shit.

Comment

They also caught teams by surprise last year, especially in the first half of the season.

This year they're getting everyone's best game.

Comment

Working...
      X