Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have a

Brian Johnson problem

Smitty apparently gave BJ an earful after 3rd and 1 and he calls a shotgun run when we have TBS that works something like 95%. Jalen apparently checked out the play BJ called in favor of the deep pass to Smitty.

Nick needs to get this under control because the players are beginning to get frustrated. We are in our window atm, this is the time for O.J.T. Offensive Coordinator has to be better or relinquish his responsibilities. He’s becoming a detriment to the team tbh.
    59 seconds · Clipped by Joshua Wilford · Original video "DeVonta Smith FRUSTRATED with Brian Johnson play call! Kelce expects BETTER, and Byard SHOWED OUT...
    Last edited by Williejay; 11-21-2023, 03:39 PM.

Guys watch the clip. There is something going on between the players and BJ. Srsly

Comment

So the QB called an audible. Wow.

The shot gun run on 3rd and 1 was awful. Other than that, this is a a formula as old as time. QB struggles all game, blame the OC.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        So the QB called an audible. Wow.

The shot gun run on 3rd and 1 was awful. Other than that, this is a a formula as old as time. QB struggles all game, blame the OC.
        Well I need the OC to show the data that calling multiple screens to the Slim Reaper helps. Neither Slim nor Swoll are good screen receivers. Swift is excellent however.
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

Well I need the OC to show the data that calling multiple screens to the Slim Reaper helps. Neither Slim nor Swoll are good screen receivers. Swift is excellent however.
          The Julio screen directly after the Smitty screen had me heated ngl

Comment

After listening to Kelce on 94 WIP this morning it seems the O struggled because communication was hard to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post

I hated the screens too but I think they were a result of Hurts not even being able to get the ball out against pressure for most of the night. He took sacks on the first 3 third downs. 5 in the first half. He didn't even throw a pass on 3rd down until there was 6:55 left in the game.

I definitely think there are problems, but I think it's a waste of time to blame everything on Johnson. This just feels like the 2018 blame game with Pederson all over again - except for the fact that this team is just as good as last year, and that the QB is an MVP candidate again.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I hated the screens too but I think they were a result of Hurts not even being able to get the ball out against pressure for most of the night. He took sacks on the first 3 third downs. 5 in the first half. He didn't even throw a pass on 3rd down until there was 6:55 left in the game.

I definitely think there are problems, but I think it's a waste of time to blame everything on Johnson. This just feels like the 2018 blame game with Pederson all over again - except for the fact that this team is just as good as last year, and that the QB is an MVP candidate again.
                Looking back at last year's schedule, I think this team is better. We're (yes, we're) getting good teams with good QBs' A-games week after week and winning knock-down/drag-out street fights. Including the last two pressure-cooker quasi-playoffs games against top five teams. Everybody keeps talking about this murderers row of a schedule... well, we're in the middle of it and still standing.

It's been a hell of a season to this point. I dig this team... even if Brian Wilson-Johnson does piss me off.

Comment

Working...
                X