Props to Kansas City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to Kansas City

Absolutely awesome venue to see a ball game. That place was as loud as Philly (and they don't need a quarter mile long. ten story 4K screen to tell them when to make noise like Big D), the tailgate scene was like a cross between the Linc and a college game, the fans were cool as shit to the ten thousand or so guests in green, and the rain and the mist just added to the ambience. If you've got a NFL stadium bucket list, Arrowhead needs to be near the top of it.

The atmosphere looked awesome. I was a little surprised to see so many Eagles fans there.

I thought it was interesting that the fans stayed to cheer after the loss. Mahomes at QB will make a fan base optimistic.

Comment

I'm constantly blown away by Eagles fans' at road games, but I really wasn't expecting it in KC. When we stopped at a WalMart 30 miles from the stadium because I forgot to pack gloves and the place was filled with Eagles jerseys buying rain gear, I was legitimately stunned. We were everywhere. Even the Chief fans were taken aback.

And unlike Cowboys fans who are mostly local frontrunners, Eagles fans are getting on planes and driving long distances to do it. It's badass. Makes you proud to be from Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Absolutely awesome venue to see a ball game. That place was as loud as Philly (and they don't need a quarter mile long. ten story 4K screen to tell them when to make noise like Big D), the tailgate scene was like a cross between the Linc and a college game, the fans were cool as shit to the ten thousand or so guests in green, and the rain and the mist just added to the ambience. If you've got a NFL stadium bucket list, Arrowhead needs to be near the top of it.
        I agree with you Duck. It was a great atmosphere and I was amazed at how many Eagles fans were there. The Chiefs by us were stunned at how many of us showed up. For the most part they were good sports except for the one annoying lady who kept doing this stupid scream that she would hold for at least one minute.

Comment

Speaking of the Chefs - is it just me who gets a pang in my stomach whenever I see a Patrick Jablowme commercial?
          "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
            Speaking of the Chefs - is it just me who gets a pang in my stomach whenever I see a Patrick Jablowme commercial?
            The commercial with FF stealing Jablowme's "nuggies" creeps me out every time I see it. Whoever thought that was a good idea should be sacked (in the Monty Python sense, not the football sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer Bell View Post

I agree with you Duck. It was a great atmosphere and I was amazed at how many Eagles fans were there. The Chiefs by us were stunned at how many of us showed up. For the most part they were good sports except for the one annoying lady who kept doing this stupid scream that she would hold for at least one minute.
              I had a drunk girl who bet $2K on the game sitting next to me, talking selfies with me all night when we were down. My scowling face was probably all over her Facenutz page. She was kinda fun, kind of annoying. After the 4th & 25 incompletion, she disappeared so fast, I didn't even had a chance to say Happy Thanksgiving,

Comment

I went to arrowhead during the 2017 season. We lost, but great venue, great local BBQ and the chiefs fans weren’t ignorant. Saw the FF impersonator walking around taking pics all day. That was lame as fuck.
                500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer Bell View Post

This is my annual appeal for you to come out and join the STL group. We're pretty much settled on The Post in Maplewood now. Unless you've already come out and are just keeping your ID a secret. In that case, bravo.
                  -Slizz of Wangnutz

Comment

Originally posted by BigSlizz View Post

This is my annual appeal for you to come out and join the STL group. We're pretty much settled on The Post in Maplewood now. Unless you've already come out and are just keeping your ID a secret. In that case, bravo.
                    Haha I have not made it there yet. But I have a feeling this will be the year that I do make an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

I had a drunk girl who bet $2K on the game sitting next to me, talking selfies with me all night when we were down. My scowling face was probably all over her Facenutz page. She was kinda fun, kind of annoying. After the 4th & 25 incompletion, she disappeared so fast, I didn't even had a chance to say Happy Thanksgiving,
                      My annoying lady was pissed after the incompletion and yelled we are still the Super Bowl champs. I told her Go Birds which made her even more pissed off and I told her if she left now she could beat traffic.
                      Last edited by Stringer Bell; 11-22-2023, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Yes totally agree 1000%. That's exactly how I tell people. I Been 4 times. Friendly, college atmosphere, very loud stadium, plume of bbq smoke on game day. All around great time, every time I have been.

Comment

Working...
                        X