No announcement yet.

After further review, I think the flow of the playcalling is Brian Johnson's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After further review, I think the flow of the playcalling is Brian Johnson's

main area that needs to be improved. I think they are actually running some nicely designed plays, just at the wrong time sometimes. Usually early in the game. He seems to be figuring things out as the game goes on.

Also, the Red Zone problem from earlier in the season seems to have been fixed.

I can't complain about the end results. I'm not going to stop b*tching on gameday though! Bunch of chicken chokers.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
    main area that needs to be improved. I think they are actually running some nicely designed plays, just at the wrong time sometimes. Usually early in the game. He seems to be figuring things out as the game goes on.

Also, the Red Zone problem from earlier in the season seems to have been fixed.

I can't complain about the end results. I'm not going to stop b*tching on gameday though! Bunch of chicken chokers.
    I’m in the same boat. I truly felt we were going to lose that game based on the first half of play. They need to fix the slow starts. I know it’s on Jalen’s mind as he mentioned it post game. I think they will figure it out. Like this team walks the walk and talks the talk based on the redzone issues getting resolved. Sorry for being a doomer yesterday heh.

Comment

Reid and the Bill Walsh tree scripts the first 20 plays to be called at random. It helps to probe the defense and see what works.

Johnson is not doing this. He has a preconceived notion based from that week’s film preparation.

The Minnesota game is a great example. The Eagles stubbornly keep throwing despite the Vikings’ intent to stop the Eagles throwing game. When they finally decided to run, it worked.

Johnson need to script the first 20 with a jet sweep, screen, quick hitters, bombs … all of it.

Comment

Thoughts:

I'm not really a Johnson fan as much as I disagree with a lot of the complaints, the main one being this idea that he somehow doesn't run the ball enough. The Eagles are 28th in the league in pass %.

After a soft schedule last season, the Eagles are defenses/DCs who know how to make Hurts uncomfortable. A lot of the struggles have just been Hurts. To his credit he's bounced back, especially the last two weeks, and he's been lights out when trailing all season.

That being said some of the play calls have been headscratchers. I disagree with yelling "fire Johnson" every time something goes wrong, but it won't hurt my feelings if another team hires him this offseason.

Comment

Working...
        X