Early in the game, they failed to capitalize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early in the game, they failed to capitalize

Settling for 2 field goals was not going to cut it in this game. You jump out on these guys, step on their necks a little, and this is a different ballgame.

You are correct. SF is a much worse team when playing from behind.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Definitely had a huge impact on the game. Have to score against SF when you have a chance.

Comment

You can’t tell me that Hurts is not hurt a lot more than we know. He was not himself on those drives.

Comment

can't kick FG's against good teams,
          OFFICIAL BOARD DRUG CZAR
          "BFTR"

Comment

They had the ball for around 12 1/2 minutes in the first qtr which produced a whopping six points...unacceptable.

Comment

Yup. Knew they were in trouble after that. You see it all the time.
              Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Brian Johnson has been the problem on O along with Jalen’s slow progression through his reads. The O looked faster with Mariota and Mariota looked quicker than Jalen. 3 games in 13 days doesn’t help mean while SF and DAL have had 10+ days off.

Comment

All I know is they better fix this problem before this Sunday, this is a must win.

Comment

Originally posted by thegodfather View Post
                    All I know is they better fix this problem before this Sunday, this is a must win.
                    We aren’t fixing these problems in 7 days. The problems are coaching and scheme. Brian Johnson is not the guy. First 2 drives slants and underneath was working then he just goes brain dead and switches to deep passes. No runs, no more underneath. Offense Scheme is the issue. Jalen had all day to throw and not a single receiver is open. Where was swift to be a check down?? He wasn’t in. Offensive scheme is a major issue on this team atm including redzone. Brian Johnson is not it. Sean Desai isn’t it either. Not sure what he’s coaching them. I’m willing to give him a small pass because of scheduling/injury / talent but he’s starting to look like a bust as well. Think we are ranked dead last now in pass defense. I know the secondary (slot) is banged up but yesterday just seemed like guys didn’t want to tackle and not in the right place. This is a coaching issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
                      Brian Johnson has been the problem on O along with Jalen’s slow progression through his reads. The O looked faster with Mariota and Mariota looked quicker than Jalen. 3 games in 13 days doesn’t help mean while SF and DAL have had 10+ days off.
                      Jesus. I expect to read about how the coaches suck, but saying the offense “looked faster” in the 5 snaps that a backup took in a game that was out of hand is a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

Jesus. I expect to read about how the coaches suck, but saying the offense “looked faster” in the 5 snaps that a backup took in a game that was out of hand is a new one.
                        Well old man it did. I’m not saying Mariota is better than Jalen but something is up with Jalen physically. Maybe the knee, who knows but the O looked faster with Mariota and if you didn’t see that then I’m not sure what you were watching.

Stop living on the record 10-1 / 10-2. We have looked ass for the record and it starts at coaching. That’s the major change from last year to this year. OC and DC. We lost some players on Def in the LB area but other then that we technically improved on the D line.

where is presnap motions to help Jalen identify the def. Pre snaps give you details like (zone or man). No we just shotgun drop back and hope for the best. That’s not going to cut it.

LB has been a huge issue for years. Howie needs to do something or we probably won’t make it far post season. Just a take from a guy who watches ALOT of football. No disrespect all opinionated takes. time to work now.

Comment

Good thing you watch ALOT of football because no one else on here does, so we appreciate your wisdom.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post

Well old man it did. I’m not saying Mariota is better than Jalen but something is up with Jalen physically. Maybe the knee, who knows but the O looked faster with Mariota and if you didn’t see that then I’m not sure what you were watching.

Stop living on the record 10-1 / 10-2. We have looked ass for the record and it starts at coaching. That’s the major change from last year to this year. OC and DC. We lost some players on Def in the LB area but other then that we technically improved on the D line.

where is presnap motions to help Jalen identify the def. Pre snaps give you details like (zone or man). No we just shotgun drop back and hope for the best. That’s not going to cut it.

LB has been a huge issue for years. Howie needs to do something or we probably won’t make it far post season. Just a take from a guy who watches ALOT of football. No disrespect all opinionated takes. time to work now.
                            LOL oh boy. I've heard it all now. After Jonathan Gannon singlehandedly lost us a Super Bowl, this team somehow managed to hire an even worse DC while also hiring an equally bad OC to replace the OC that took us to the Super Bowl before being stolen away by Indy (for a second straight time!)

If only this team could hire coordinators like Steve Wilks who are "it."

Comment

Working...
                            X