Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You can’t win games against good teams………

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can’t win games against good teams………

…….without a running game. You have to keep guys like Purdy sitting on the bench. Control the football. Control the time of possession.

I'd like to see Penny get a chance. Wonder what the issue is?
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post
      I'd like to see Penny get a chance. Wonder what the issue is?
      Word is, he can't pick up his pass pro assignments. I find that hard to believe, it's not like he's new to the concept, but that's what the guys with the press passes are saying.

Comment

Beating "good" teams with a running game is highly correlated with just being a better team. The Eagles' success rate (defined as getting at least 1/2 of the yards to gain) last night was 0%. In fact the only time all game they moved the ball effectively was the first two drives, on which they threw 16 passes.

If you're running the ball at will, sure, stick with it. Good luck doing that against a team like SF.

FWIW it's a complete myth that keeping the other team on the bench via running the ball gives you a better chance to win. It usually leads to more 3rd downs and fewer scoring chances.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

Word is, he can't pick up his pass pro assignments. I find that hard to believe, it's not like he's new to the concept, but that's what the guys with the press passes are saying.
          It's not like Swift can block.
          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            Beating "good" teams with a running game is highly correlated with just being a better team. The Eagles' success rate (defined as getting at least 1/2 of the yards to gain) last night was 0%. In fact the only time all game they moved the ball effectively was the first two drives, on which they threw 16 passes.

If you're running the ball at will, sure, stick with it. Good luck doing that against a team like SF.

FWIW it's a complete myth that keeping the other team on the bench via running the ball gives you a better chance to win. It usually leads to more 3rd downs and fewer scoring chances.
            Maybe a team is better is because they have a running game and they use it. Thus the correlation. Do these statistics control for covariates?
            --------
            "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post

Maybe a team is better is because they have a running game and they use it. Thus the correlation. Do these statistics control for covariates?
              I think that's definitely part of it.
              Last edited by art vandelay; 12-07-2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X