Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We won't win 2 against the Giants

Whoever they QB is will enter the hall of fame that day

Who cares at this point? Their record was a mirage. They're as much of a playoff threat as the 2021 team.

Comment

LOL. We absolutely will win 2 against the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post
        Who cares at this point? Their record was a mirage. They're as much of a playoff threat as the 2021 team.
        I don't know about that. This team still has a great chance at the #1 seed. Even if they're the 2-seed I'd expect them to blow out the 7-seed. Let's say they're the 5-seed - I think they'd blow out...Tampa? Atlanta?

If they make it to the NFC title game, they'll need luck to advance further, but the third best team in the NFC, possibly with a first round bye, is a much bigger playoff threat than a 7-seed, which is rarely competitive in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post

I don't know about that. This team still has a great chance at the #1 seed. Even if they're the 2-seed I'd expect them to blow out the 7-seed. Let's say they're the 5-seed - I think they'd blow out...Tampa? Atlanta?

If they make it to the NFC title game, they'll need luck to advance further, but the third best team in the NFC, possibly with a first round bye, is a much bigger playoff threat than a 7-seed, which is rarely competitive in the playoffs.
          They haven't blown out anyone this season. I wouldn't count on that starting in the playoffs. And with this defense playing as bad as any unit we've seen since Andy lost his mind and made his offensive line coach the coordinator, expecting this team to close out on a 4-0 run feels like a fantasy at this point.

Comment

Team is cooked. Would be surprised if we lose next week against Seattle.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
              Team is cooked. Would be surprised if we lose next week against Seattle.
              I think you can kind of expect it

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

I think you can kind of expect it
                If they're giving Seattle points next week, take the free money. This team is in a Kotitian death spiral.

Comment

They haven't blown out anyone this season. I wouldn't count on that starting in the playoffs. And with this defense playing as bad as any unit we've seen since Andy lost his mind and made his offensive line coach the coordinator, expecting this team to close out on a 4-0 run feels like a fantasy at this point.
                  I guess blow out is an overstatement, but I would expect a 7-2 matchup or a 5-4 matchup to be similar to the MNF game against Tampa.

I think everyone is too down on this team after losses against the two best teams in the league. Similarly, people were unrealistically high on this team after they won games while getting outplayed by contenders. They are the third best team in the NFC.

Seattle game miiiight be tough but I still give this team a very good chance of winning 4 games against teams that would be much better off losing than winning. And I do expect them to win a playoff game. I know a lot of people on this board will be rooting against the Eagles, whether the first game is in the WC or the divisional round, so I guess I'll own it if people are bumping this post in January.

Comment

I guess blow out is an overstatement, but I would expect a 7-2 matchup or a 5-4 matchup to be similar to the MNF game against Tampa.

I think everyone is too down on this team after losses against the two best teams in the league. Similarly, people were unrealistically high on this team after they won games while getting outplayed by contenders. They are the third best team in the NFC.

Seattle game miiiight be tough but I still give this team a very good chance of winning 4 games against teams that would be much better off losing than winning. And I do expect them to win a playoff game. I know a lot of people on this board will be rooting against the Eagles, whether the first game is in the WC or the divisional round, so I guess I'll own it if people are bumping this post in January.
                    Ummmm a lot of us were calling this team lucky to be at their record and you and very few others were clapping back at they got a W so not sure who you refer to as being too high on this team.

This team's mediocrity has been evident since game 1 except for certain fans that meat ride everything we do with their pretty little blinders on
                    ​​​​

​​Finally, wow if a one and done in the playoffs gets you off as a fan you might as well cheer for Dallas as that is what they have been good for for the last 28 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan92 View Post

Ummmm a lot of us were calling this team lucky to be at their record and you and very few others were clapping back at they got a W so not sure who you refer to as being too high on this team.

This team's mediocrity has been evident since game 1 except for certain fans that meat ride everything we do with their pretty little blinders on
                      ​​​​

​​Finally, wow if a one and done in the playoffs gets you off as a fan you might as well cheer for Dallas as that is what they have been good for for the last 28 years.
                      A lot of people will bitch about anything. You're the guy who posted during a game in which the Eagles never trailed that anyone who thought Doug Pederson was a good coach should be shot.

The Eagles aren't mediocre. They're good. Not great. They'll win a playoff game. Anything beyond that, we have to hope for luck.

Winning one playoff game isn't going one and done. Also, considering how this game went, Dallas probably isn't the comparison I would have gone for.

edit: I'm talking more about the fan base in general, but even the people on this board who are happiest to complain during victories were on the bandwagon after the Buffalo game. Not sure if there's a record of me saying this but I thought this team stood zero chance against SF, and I posted earlier this week that I thought they'd lose Dallas.
                      Last edited by art vandelay; 12-11-2023, 12:38 AM.

Comment

A lot of people will bitch about anything. You're the guy who posted during a game in which the Eagles never trailed that anyone who thought Doug Pederson was a good coach should be shot.

The Eagles aren't mediocre. They're good. Not great. They'll win a playoff game. Anything beyond that, we have to hope for luck.

Winning one playoff game isn't going one and done. Also, considering how this game went, Dallas probably isn't the comparison I would have gone for.
                        They have the worst fucking defense on the league and couldn't even put up 1 offensive TD today. This team is mediocre.

Ya winning 1 playoff game is about what Dallas has been good for so that's my comparison.

IDGAF you can say what you want but and keep defending the team, scheme, players, coaches, whatever you want, doesn't change the fact that this team is LUCKY to be 10-3 and is not great, they are mid!

Comment

Not just two losses. Two absolutely miserable, pride-less, embarrassing performances. If they would have shown up for either game, I might be able to cut them some slack for the abysmal scheduling and have some hope that they'd be able to right the ship in the last four games. But they didn't. They got humiliated in every facet of the game for eight quarters in the two biggest games of the year. They didn't belong on the same field as either of the teams they're going to have to go through in the playoffs.

They took the "they just find ways to win" mojo as far as they could take it. Now that they've been exposed as a second tier team and have to contend with some well-earned self-doubt, those tough wins against mediocre (Minnesota, Tampa, Rams) to bad (Washington x 2, New England) teams they'd been piling up all season could very easily turn to losses.

They're a far cry from the team the 10-1 record indicated they were. On some level, we probably all suspected that, but enjoyed the ride anyway. The ride's over now. They're just not a real threat to do any damage in the playoffs.

Comment

I mean yeah, "finding ways to win" really isn't a thing. It's not sustainable to get outgained and win games.

Not to nitpick but I really wouldn't call the Tampa game tough. They were up 25-3 before garbage time then just sat on the ball. Also up multiple scores before garbage time against Minnesota, and won by multiple scores against the Rams, who are a decent team.

The Miami game was what really had me hopeful about this team. That performance, paired with this roster, made me think was only a matter of time until we saw some blowouts.

3-2 is fine for the gauntlet segment of the schedule but but they can't hang with the top two teams in the NFC. They could be a 2021 Titans style 1-seed, in which case I'd hope for a first round upset so they could avoid Dallas.

Comment

Not just two losses. Two absolutely miserable, pride-less, embarrassing performances. If they would have shown up for either game, I might be able to cut them some slack for the abysmal scheduling and have some hope that they'd be able to right the ship in the last four games. But they didn't. They got humiliated in every facet of the game for eight quarters in the two biggest games of the year. They didn't belong on the same field as either of the teams they're going to have to go through in the playoffs.

They took the "they just find ways to win" mojo as far as they could take it. Now that they've been exposed as a second tier team and have to contend with some well-earned self-doubt, those tough wins against mediocre (Minnesota, Tampa, Rams) to bad (Washington x 2, New England) teams they'd been piling up all season could very easily turn to losses.

They're a far cry from the team the 10-1 record indicated they were. On some level, we probably all suspected that, but enjoyed the ride anyway. The ride's over now. They're just not a real threat to do any damage in the playoffs.
                              Last two weeks have been horrific. As it stands today I am still delusional enough to think this team can win the next 4, with the toughest game being against a team that has lost 4 straight and has an injured QB. If that happens my delusion would reach it's peak - this horrific defense might be able to make some stops at home and in the cold, and this offense is built to play that kind of football. If they don't go 4-0 we will remember this as a dark and dreary December/January that sank the season...my delusion will be gone and it wouldn't shock me to lose as road playoff favorites to an offense like Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                              X