Tied for best record in the NFL and second hardest schedule to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tied for best record in the NFL and second hardest schedule to date

‘Please do not read if you don’t want hope based upon facts.

Maybe we need to add some perspective to our situation. Through today only the Bengals have played a harder schedule than the Eagles. The 49ers have played the 10th most difficult to date, Ravens 18th, Cowboys 29th and the Dolphins 32.

Strength of remaining schedule has the Eagles with the easiest (32), 49ers 18th easiest, Cowboys 10th most difficult, Dolphins 7th and Ravens toughest.

The NFL is a cumulative schedule that based upon when you play who may gas teams that face the type of schedule the Eagles have faced. You would expect the team that has played the hardest schedule to date has had the best opponent coaching staffs picking them apart with no time to be able to make meaningful adjustments while facing more injuries. By contract a stretch of an easy schedule will act in the opposite way in moving the pressure to the team tha no fax a harder schedule.

A really long way to say having the best record at this point with the schedule they have had and a much softer schedule ahead might be something to consider moving into the playoffs.
    Last edited by 1960; 12-11-2023, 08:52 PM.

We have wins over: chiefs, Dallas, dolphins, and the Bills.
    My only issue is that our linebackers can’t cover and smart teams put their #1 receivers in the slot to exploit the matchup. Desai can’t adjust to that.
    500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
      We have wins over: chiefs, Dallas, dolphins, and the Bills.
      My only issue is that our linebackers can’t cover and smart teams put their #1 receivers in the slot to exploit the matchup. Desai can’t adjust to that.
      I also think it is really tough to be a good team twice in a season. Once they have shown their hand in a win it is easier to adjust. Showing your hand first is not always best.

Comment

I actually thought they'd have a worse record at this point. I would have sworn that they'd have house money at 10-3. As much as I think people forget the rough stretches that championship teams face (the 2017 Eagles were kind of an outlier in how "easy" it was), I'm just worried that we're seeing the point differential play itself out.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          I actually thought they'd have a worse record at this point. I would have sworn that they'd have house money at 10-3. As much as I think people forget the rough stretches that championship teams face (the 2017 Eagles were kind of an outlier in how "easy" it was), I'm just worried that we're seeing the point differential play itself out.
          The loss of Wentz and the ugly win against the Raiders on Christmas Day were pretty rough. At that point, nobody was giving the Eagles a chance to do anything in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
            ‘The back to back point differentials is concerning but might be because of fatigue and highly motivated opponents. They get killed in Dallas every year and the 49ers played like it was the championship game. Let’s see where everyone is at the end of the season.

Comment

The Falcons game hardly made anyone feel better about the 2017 team. That’s what made it all so amazing and wonderful. It came out of nowhere (kind of like last year as well). We gave up a touchdown to Minnesota, punted, they started moving the ball again, and then we Hulked out for seven quarters of football.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post

‘The back to back point differentials is concerning but might be because of fatigue and highly motivated opponents. They get killed in Dallas every year and the 49ers played like it was the championship game. Let’s see where everyone is at the end of the season.
                We still control our own destiny. A win Sunday will get back the confidence.

It’s going to be cold, dark and rainy in Buffalo Sunday. The Bills are playing for their playoff lives and that place will be loud and raucous. Dallas is going to be spooked.

Comment

ENOUGH OF ALL THIS CRAP ALREADY!!!!!

It's soooooo cute how the brain dead asshole talking heads have anointed the Dullass Cowpies the second best team in the NFL, a top Super Bowl contender, and Douchebag Prescott as a fabulous quarterback.

There's just one huuuuge fact they all forget. The Cowpies have beaten exactly ONE team with a winning record. That's right you dipshits......ONE.

Fuck a Cowpie!.............that is all
                  "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

We still control our own destiny. A win Sunday will get back the confidence.

It’s going to be cold, dark and rainy in Buffalo Sunday. The Bills are playing for their playoff lives and that place will be loud and raucous. Dallas is going to be spooked.
                    Totally agree. Plus that win in KC is going to energize the Bills.

Comment

I’m in no mood for a circle jerk thread.

No mood.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

The loss of Wentz and the ugly win against the Raiders on Christmas Day were pretty rough. At that point, nobody was giving the Eagles a chance to do anything in the playoffs.
                        Yeah, people definitely counted out. I'm just looking at other recent Super Bowl winners:

2022 Chiefs - Pretty clean throughout
                        2021 Rams - 3 game losing streak, falling to 7-4
                        2020 Bucs - Blown out by NO, lose 3/4, falling to 7-5
                        2019 Chiefs - 6-4 start
                        2018 Pats - Lost 3/5 to fall to 9-5, all 5 losses against non-playoff teams

2016 Pats - Clean
                        2015 Broncos - Lost 4/7 to fall to 10-4 after starting 7-0.

I shouldn't have said easy, but they didn't have a stretch like a lot of those teams had. The concern is that they're closer to the 2021 Titans than the 2021 Rams.
                        Last edited by art vandelay; 12-13-2023, 03:47 PM.

Comment

No question that the past 25 years have been very entertaining.
                          Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Working...
                          X