Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think the offense is fixable. I have my doubts about the defense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the offense is fixable. I have my doubts about the defense.

No doubt this team has underperformed on both sides of the ball. But I have the sense that the talent is there on offense if

1) They hold on to the dam ball-- this alone would fix a lot of problems

2) They get a little more imaginative with play design and playcalling. I observed first hand at the 49ers game that the receivers did not appear to me to be getting open. Now I'm hearing reports from people who were there in person and/or watched the all 22 film that the receivers weren't getting open against the Cowturds either. That's on play calling / scheme IMO. It doesn't help that Hurts appears to be hesitant at times like he doesn't trust his receivers.

Only three players targeted against the Cowturds (unless you count the pass by the punter)?!?

We have shown no imagination on offense. They are predictable and the opposition has figured it out. They know who to cover and how to do it. But I think this team has the players on offense if they are used properly and everybody pulls their head out of their respective asses.

Defense wise: I don't know what you can do with this clusterf*ck unless the DL gets ungassed and starts getting some pressure. I suppose not playing teams coming off of three more days rest than the Eagles could help (this could be more of a factor than I have considered). But the lack of imagination is there as well.

If they could improve the defense from completely abysmal to merely mediocre they could have a shot.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Mucus Hayes’ solution is to bring in Frank Reich as a consultant. Not a bad idea?
    John Erlichman, one of President Richard Nixon's closest aides, has admitted America's "War on Drugs" was a hoax designed to vilify and disrupt "the antiwar left and black people" when it was launched in 1971.

Comment

Reich is a next year thing if he wants the OC job. Can’t see him getting another HC job. Bringing Johnson’s replacement in now if Johnson is still OC isn’t going to make matters any better. Could firing Johnson and hiring Reich now really hurt?

Comment

Not throwing the ball to the backs at all is unforgivable.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
          Not throwing the ball to the backs at all is unforgivable.
          This.

Comment

Watching the dolphins and niners offense operate is like a night a day difference between whatever the fuck it is sirianni and BJ are doing out there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Duck View Post

This.
              Swift is made for this.

Comment

The problem is Nick Sirianni. Plain and simple. Love Nick but his philosophy and scheme is ass. That presser yesterday was hard to listen to. I couldn’t believe he was saying we only push the ball to 3 people. Bro you have to spread the ball. Need a seasoned OC to carry him. If we lose in Seattle ,which I feel we will even being 4 point favorites, we are done for the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
                  The problem is Nick Sirianni. Plain and simple. Love Nick but his philosophy and scheme is ass. That presser yesterday was hard to listen to. I couldn’t believe he was saying we only push the ball to 3 people. Bro you have to spread the ball. Need a seasoned OC to carry him. If we lose in Seattle ,which I feel we will even being 4 point favorites, we are done for the season.
                  Well, I'm glad that I finally know who the problem is...but why do you love a coach whose philosophy and scheme are both "ass"?

Are there any good coaches?

Comment

Look at all of these COCKS on this thread!

(Caressing Offensive Coordinator KnuckleheadS )

You COCKS are so thick headed.
                    Nobody loves COCKS more than you guys.
                    Why don’t the COCKS get bent?
                    3I would love to take on all of these COCKS.
                    BigSlizz is tired of COCKS in his face.
                    Riccardo will take the COCKS on with both fists.

Comment

Originally posted by Drama Queen View Post
                      Look at all of these COCKS on this thread!

(Caressing Offensive Coordinator KnuckleheadS )

You COCKS are so thick headed.
                      Nobody loves COCKS more than you guys.
                      Why don’t the COCKS get bent?
                      3I would love to take on all of these COCKS.
                      BigSlizz is tired of COCKS in his face.
                      Riccardo will take the COCKS on with both fists.

OB wants to go tailgayte, drink, and get hammer with COCKS

Comment

What's amazing to me is just how often this defense forces its opponents into 3rd and long. That's the entire objective. I'm not making excuses or anything but you'd expect the 3rd and long conversions to fall back down to earth the same way turnovers do on either side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                          What's amazing to me is just how often this defense forces its opponents into 3rd and long. That's the entire objective. I'm not making excuses or anything but you'd expect the 3rd and long conversions to fall back down to earth the same way turnovers do on either side of the ball.
                          That's a very good point and to me it is what is so frustrating about the defense. They get them in third and 10 plus and then give up a big play.
                          --------
                          "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            How many of those 3rd and longs are imposed by the defense or the result on penalties?
                            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

Working...
                            X