X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one big negative about the "concussion protocol"

All future generations will be robbed of such seminal moments as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynB...layer_embedded

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Re: yesterday's game

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    All future generations will be robbed of such seminal moments as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BynB...layer_embedded

I found some of the comments by McDonough and Gruden a bit odd. Forget that neither of them talked much about the ball being fumbled...

When Kelce got up and had to be supported by his teammates, it would have been the opportune time to make a call and say: "There's no way this guy can play." Instead, they kind of hemmed and hawed about it, and waited until *after halftime* when they went to Salters on the sideline for the (no-brainer) update. They did, however say "Kelce is walking to the locker room" when the camera was on him...

I wonder if the league advises them against judgments like that.
    Last edited by Pete; 01-07-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

I would buy that conspiracy

Originally posted by Pete View Post

I wonder if the league advises them against judgments like that.
      It's a sad state of affairs because it's effin dangerous. Of course, 10-15 years ago, it was "jacked up!" and "he got his bell rung" - at least the culture has shifted a little

Comment

Shifted, but there's still something wrong

Originally posted by JuTMSY4 View Post
        It's a sad state of affairs because it's effin dangerous. Of course, 10-15 years ago, it was "jacked up!" and "he got his bell rung" - at least the culture has shifted a little
        I like the idea that anyone who has to go into the tent/be examined in the locker room needs to sit out at least one game. I think I heard that proposed by a current player.

At first, there may be an outcry (and perhaps some skirting of the rules), but I believe positive changes in player safety (including targeting penalties and new technology) will be what saves the game.

Comment

Working...
        X