Confidential (c) to The Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confidential (c) to The Duck

First we lost the great humanitarian Tom, and now I see we have lost the greatest cop in the history of television, and maybe the world, Frank Pembleton.

I am truly affected by this sad news, as I imagine you are too. Maybe you should try to reconnect with Baldwin and see how he’s taking it.
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Originally posted by Overbrook View Post
    First we lost the great humanitarian Tom, and now I see we have lost the greatest cop in the history of television, and maybe the world, Frank Pembleton.

I am truly affected by this sad news, as I imagine you are too. Maybe you should try to reconnect with Baldwin and see how he’s taking it.
    I literally just signed in to post a "Confidential to Overbrook" post about this.

I'll copy something here that I just sent to a friend:

We went to Andre's apartment in Fell's Point one night (he got his own place during shooting so his wife could live in Baltimore with him). This is probably my second or third week on the show, and he had some crew over on a Friday night for drinks. A few of us are outside on his roof deck, overlooking the inner harbor, drinking, chain-smoking, shooting the shit. And here's Andre Braugher... by now, "Three Men and Adena" had aired and he was the emerging star of the most critically acclaimed show on television... just hanging out with a small group of twentysomething nobodies like we're old pals. At one point, things go quiet, and he just stands there smiling, dragging on a Dunhill Blue, until finally, he says: “One of the things I love most about this business is working with guys like you all… eventually we wrap, say goodbye, we go our separate ways. And somewhere down the road, we meet again. Only the next time I work with you, you’re the writers, you’re the directors, you’re the producers. I can’t wait to see where you guys end up. That’s what makes this business so much fun.”

It was the coolest, most genuine moment I've ever had with anyone in that business. The man was as real as they came.

This one really hurts.

Requiescat in Pace.
    Last edited by The Duck; 12-13-2023, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X