Uh oh. Sirianni may be a chump.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh. Sirianni may be a chump.

Nick doesn't think you need to target more than three. players.

Nick Sirianni on target distribution: "Our passing game runs through three guys. That doesn't mean we don't want to get the ball to some other guys here and there, but the main passing game goes through those guys. The Cowboys and the style of defense they run, which is obviously a very good defense, allows you to kind of get the ball to where we were going with it.

"That's where the ball was designed to go. It has nothing to do with anything else. We wanted to get A.J. going. We wanted to get DeVonta and Dallas the ball. Every plan is thought of through that. I've said that from the very beginning.

"That was our plan in that game, and obviously we didn't win the game. We didn't play well enough on offense. We didn't coach well enough on offense. That was by design to throw those guys the football, and that's why the football went there."
    Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

This is a little disturbing. So the game plan was to send Brown and Smith on long developing routes while relying on Goedert for intermediate stuff? Sounds like a recipe for disaster. No wonder they were cooked to perfection. It doesn't help to be fumbling left and right either.

Hurts is having his problems but the coaching staff sure isn't helping any.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

How does he not understand the value of throwing to other players? If the gameplan is limiting Hurts reads to Brown, Smith and Goedert, he's doing the defense a huge favor. Not ever throwing to a RB doesn't make any sense.

I know they're gonna point to other games to say they throw to other targets but how could they be so unaware to go through an entire game without doing it? That's coaching malpractice. And then to double up and defend it. Ugh.
      Last edited by Maniac; 12-13-2023, 09:02 AM.

Comment

It amazes me that these guys will never admit they just fucked up. I’d rather they say we fucked up instead of blow smoke up our asses about that was (for whatever stupid ass reading) the game plan.

Comment

I think you guys are on to something. The key to making the offense better is running more through Watkins and Covey. Sure the 49ers run their offense through McCaferty, Samuel and Kittle but there coach is a moron too. Look at how well things are going in KC now that they got rid of Hill and replaced him with a group of no names. The Cowboys focus on throwing mostly to Lamb and they are obviously getting killed because of it. Is there someone on the practice squad we can build the game plan around this week?

Comment

To be fair, the game plan might have worked out better if Brown and Smith hadn’t been dropping passes and fumbling the ball like they were Rutgers men trying to handle a nice pair of tits.

Comment

Originally posted by 1960 View Post
              I think you guys are on to something. The key to making the offense better is running more through Watkins and Covey. Sure the 49ers run their offense through McCaferty, Samuel and Kittle but there coach is a moron too. Look at how well things are going in KC now that they got rid of Hill and replaced him with a group of no names. The Cowboys focus on throwing mostly to Lamb and they are obviously getting killed because of it. Is there someone on the practice squad we can build the game plan around this week?
              Lame. Nobody said to run the offense through Watkins and Covey. But if you limit your offense to three receivers, you're doing the defense a big favor.

Eight Cowboys had targets and six had receptions. Lamb only got ten of forty targets.

Why defend lousy playcalling?

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac View Post

Lame. Nobody said to run the offense through Watkins and Covey. But if you limit your offense to three receivers, you're doing the defense a big favor.

Eight Cowboys had targets and six had receptions. Lamb only got ten of forty targets.

Why defend lousy playcalling?
                The main difference is the RB caught passes for the Cowboys. I think we have all seen that when they tried to force passes to Gainwell and Swift earlier in the season it did not work. Other than that I’m not sure who you are banking on. You can only target guys who get open and we don’t have a lot of guys who do. This sounds like the coaches saying something to take the heat off of a top heavy offense. And as the 49ers prove if your stars are up to it that can work. It did earlier in the year for the Eagles.

Comment

I like Nick, but I hate the way he puts up with his two terrible coordinators.

It's time for him to wake up and realize these two schmucks scheme the game like it's still pre-season. The Iggles are so vanilla. We more than have the talent to win, but they're rarely put in that situation.

I'm so tired of yelling at the TV set.
                  "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

Comment

Lurie won't fire the new coordinators without firing Siranni as well.

Bill Belichick 2024 Mark my words.

Comment

The changes to OC, DC and losses in free agency are the reasons this team doesn't look the same this year.

Swift is my guy 110%.. I absolutely loved this pickup. You can't underestimate the loss of Miles Sanders though. He had almost 1,300 yards rushing and 11 TDs last year. Knew the offense and could run pretty hard inside. He was a major reason our running game was dominant last year.

https://youtu.be/CsX_fdMiiJU?feature=shared

On defense we lost a few really good players as well. DBs, DTs ect.

Comment

I don't think Hurts goes through progressions quickly enough to expand the playbook. That's what they're not telling you. Will he get better in time? I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
                          like they were Rutgers men trying to handle a nice pair of tits.
                          The gift that keeps on giving (to you) lol
                          "Listen to McCarthy" - Art Vandelay

Comment

Working...
                          X