Here's one thing I don't get about the Eagles defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's one thing I don't get about the Eagles defense

I don't know the stats but to me they actually seem to be pretty decent at getting the opposition into 3 and long situations. Then, they inevitably give up the 3rd and long.

Is this just the result of having weak links (Bradberry) the opposition can pick on in those situations? Or is the defensive rush just not getting home? Both?
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

I would theorize bad situational football. Lack of pressure definitely an issue, and I am not usually a “send a blitz!” guy, but I think that would help if they dialed them up on those 3rd and longs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
      I would theorize bad situational football. Lack of pressure definitely an issue, and I am not usually a “send a blitz!” guy, but I think that would help if they dialed them up on those 3rd and longs.
      I agree.

Comment

They’re just too passive in their approach, almost allergic to the big play.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
          ^^^^^ This...

They are constantly getting burned on 3rd and long, so they have nothing to lose on some dialed up blitz packages..

Comment

Working...
          X