Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This guy makes a lot of sense

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skI1CN5BB7g

I remember watching Kollman the night before the Super Bowl. By the end of the video, I was completely confident the Eagles were going to move the ball at will on the Patriots defense. Dude knows his shit.

That's probably why I really, really don't want to watch this video.

Comment

I watched this video before I watched the game and made sure that I paid attention to the points Kolman made. He had three main observations:

1. The Eagles line up in the shotgun more than any other team in the league, really far more. That makes it more difficult to achieve chunk plays in our running game. I won't go into the detail, but a lot of it seems intuitive. We also run much less from under center than any team. The 49ers, Rams, Lions and Dolphins run four times as often from under center as the Eagles do. Last night the Eagles ran their first play from under center, a handoff to Swift, and I don't believe they were under the center except for tush pushes the rest of the game.

2. Because the Eagles line up in the shotgun so often, teams do not respect our play action pass game.

3. The Eagles use motion less than any team in the NFL. They do not scheme receivers open with motion. Johnson and Sirianni line up our receivers and say go beat your man.

There's more but this is worth the thirteen minutes to watch it. Very depressing. Honestly it was all on display last night.

Comment

Been on display all season. I think last night I saw them run the same play back to back.

They sent Devonta into motion on both plays and ran it with swift. Same exact play. Devonta’s / AJB locker room comments has me thinking that the players are turning on the O but being told to stfu (AJB comment). It’s sad because with a competent OC I think this team could be very very dangerous on offense especially with swift.

The game plan / scheme just isn’t playing to our players strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Williejay View Post
          Been on display all season. I think last night I saw them run the same play back to back.

They sent Devonta into motion on both plays and ran it with swift. Same exact play. Devonta’s / AJB locker room comments has me thinking that the players are turning on the O but being told to stfu (AJB comment). It’s sad because with a competent OC I think this team could be very very dangerous on offense especially with swift.

The game plan / scheme just isn’t playing to our players strengths.
          Yes, they did run the same play twice in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post
            I watched this video before I watched the game and made sure that I paid attention to the points Kolman made. He had three main observations:

1. The Eagles line up in the shotgun more than any other team in the league, really far more. That makes it more difficult to achieve chunk plays in our running game. I won't go into the detail, but a lot of it seems intuitive. We also run much less from under center than any team. The 49ers, Rams, Lions and Dolphins run four times as often from under center as the Eagles do. Last night the Eagles ran their first play from under center, a handoff to Swift, and I don't believe they were under the center except for tush pushes the rest of the game.

2. Because the Eagles line up in the shotgun so often, teams do not respect our play action pass game.

3. The Eagles use motion less than any team in the NFL. They do not scheme receivers open with motion. Johnson and Sirianni line up our receivers and say go beat your man.

There's more but this is worth the thirteen minutes to watch it. Very depressing. Honestly it was all on display last night.
            Great summary and video. Nothing worth adding other than to vent regarding my own frustration about not going under center for the reasons mentioned and scheming crossing patterns across the middle to ASSIST the WR abilities and scheme them open.

Same can be said about not blitzing enough to ASSIST your DL instead of expecting them to win 4 vs. 6 all the time.

The coaching is as bad as it gets. They are in over their heads playing chess. You have to mix-match, use and fain the use of concepts in today’s NFL.

Comment

The reason they’re in shotgun so much has nothing to do with scheme and everything to do with Hurts. They’re trying to give him an extra second or two because a.) he’s physically limited right now and b.) teams have figured HIM out.

Comment

Or maybe Sirianni is a genius and rope a doping the regular season. Come the playoffs it will change
                "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

Working...
                X