Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cardinals reached the red zone on every drive

That has to be some sort of record.

Success rate: A play is successful when it gains at least 40% of yards-to-go on first down, 60% of yards-to-go on second down and 100% of yards-to-go on third or fourth down.

The Cardinals had a success rate of 59.2%. That is the highest success rate given up by an Eagles defense since the Colts SNF game in 2006.

You would think that a team would have to make a mistake or two and ruin a drive on their own. But the third down defense is so bad it's a can't miss proposition.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      That has to be some sort of record.

Success rate: A play is successful when it gains at least 40% of yards-to-go on first down, 60% of yards-to-go on second down and 100% of yards-to-go on third or fourth down.

The Cardinals had a success rate of 59.2%. That is the highest success rate given up by an Eagles defense since the Colts SNF game in 2006.
      The Cardinals had two third downs in the second half lol. Four 75+ yard TD drives. It's mind bogglingly bad.

Comment

Thinking of the coordinators going back to Doug, it’s an organizational decision it seems. Remember Gannon was slated to be the DC whether they hired Sirianni or McDaniel.

I don’t think Sirianni had a big say in Desai, or Patricia.

I blame this shitty defense on the front office…they bought the groceries and hired the chef. I also have faith they can fix it, but it won’t be this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Triple Dip View Post
          Thinking of the coordinators going back to Doug, it’s an organizational decision it seems. Remember Gannon was slated to be the DC whether they hired Sirianni or McDaniel.

I blame this shitty defense on the front office…they bought the groceries and hired the chef. I also have faith they can fix it, but it won’t be this year.
          If sirriani doesn't pick his coordinators, doesn't call the offense, what exactly does he do? If he's a CEO type coach he's doing a piss poor job.

Comment

They also hired Jim Shorts before Dougie.
            WORLD FUCKING CHAMPIONS!

Comment

I know it's a joke when talking about this organization but they need to address the LB position BIGTIME in the offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenstealth View Post

If sirriani doesn't pick his coordinators, doesn't call the offense, what exactly does he do? If he's a CEO type coach he's doing a piss poor job.
                it’s a fair question, my guess is he is a fundamentals coach and involved in the game planning and game management. Last year the game management was pretty damn good, the best I’ve felt about the teams situational football since 2017. This year that has taken a dive and I do put that on Sirianni

Comment

it’s a fair question, my guess is he is a fundamentals coach and involved in the game planning and game management. Last year the game management was pretty damn good, the best I’ve felt about the teams situational football since 2017. This year that has taken a dive and I do put that on Sirianni
                  I agree he’s been good with game management. Even this year he’s been good with clock management and doubling up on possessions when possible.

He’s also the best coach in terms of going for it on 4th down when he should go for it, but this year that has a little more to do with having an unstoppable short yardage play. He gets credit for instituting the tush push which hopefully won’t get banned.

It’s also possible that any Eagles coach will be equally good with timeouts and on 4th down since that stuff is an organizational decision.

Comment

Working...
                  X