Could not have seen this coming after the bye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could not have seen this coming after the bye

Coming off a 3 game stretch in which Hurts posted some of the best passing numbers in the league without any ability to run. Two wins against SB hopefuls.

Getting outplayed so much by Buffalo concerned me, but at that point they seemed like they were in a good position to get the 1 seed.

Really sucks that they’re this bad. If you called it, congrats.

No one knew we were a house of cards.

Comment

Now way I saw this coming. I remember thinking they were halfway through the “tough stretch” of the season in good shape. The defense just completely collapsed after the Buffalo game.
      --------
      "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Did you not see a complete difference in the offense from last year to this year? Still could score....there is absolutely no defending this Swiss cheese defense and that's on Howie and whoever the Eff is calling defense

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
          Coming off a 3 game stretch in which Hurts posted some of the best passing numbers in the league without any ability to run. Two wins against SB hopefuls.

Getting outplayed so much by Buffalo concerned me, but at that point they seemed like they were in a good position to get the 1 seed.

Really sucks that they’re this bad. If you called it, congrats.
          Whatever it is hopefully it gets resolved in the OS. Too talented of an offensive roster to suck this much. I’m also a bit worried about Jalen now after seeing Mariota move down the field with ease , quick release, moving the pocket, just typical QB stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by IronEagle View Post
            Now way I saw this coming. I remember thinking they were halfway through the “tough stretch” of the season in good shape. The defense just completely collapsed after the Buffalo game.
            The defense really started to collapse in the Bills game. We just out scored them.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

The defense really started to collapse in the Bills game. We just out scored them.
              True.
              --------
              "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Not total collapse but there were plenty of signs they were playing over their head.

Personally I discounted them.
                Last edited by Maniac; 01-07-2024, 08:23 PM. Reason: Replaced ignored with discounted
                Blue Chip College Football - Coach Your College to the National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                  Did you not see a complete difference in the offense from last year to this year? Still could score....there is absolutely no defending this Swiss cheese defense and that's on Howie and whoever the Eff is calling defense
                  I did see a difference but I thought most of it was fluky turnovers and a much tougher schedule. The way Hurts played in those 3 games before the bye had me optimistic that they’d reach their potential.

Honestly the first halves against KC and Buffalo had me concerned. As great as Hurts was at leading the team back, I thought he had a lot to do with them being down in the first place.

Can’t expect much from Hurts today with the top three playmakers out, but the way they looked with a chance at the division…it’s just all the bad speculation coming true.

Comment

Originally posted by RSE View Post

I know this isn’t gonna go over well, but…I actually thought the Buffalo game had more to do with Josh Allen making incredible plays than the defensive players both being put in a bad position and sucking.

Everything since then, however…

Comment

Truth is Allen has been a middling QB since about the fourth game of the season. The Bills D has really stepped up, around the time they traded for a guy named Rasul Douglas.
                      Last edited by RSE; 01-07-2024, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X