I'm convinced that Niners game destroyed this team psyche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm convinced that Niners game destroyed this team psyche

That team literally came into the Linc and slapped the Eagles around in front of a home crowd on national television... The Eagles haven't been the same since.

It was either that game or something immediately in the aftermath of that game. I suspect there are big pieces of the story of the collapse we are not aware of.
    --------
    "We choose to go to the moon."

Comment

Not reacting when the 49ers ran trough the CB drills and Bradberry specifically might have been a sign they were frail. Bradberry got even worse after that and the team lost face. Have played weakly ever since. Told the league something about them too.

Comment

It’s just like the scene in the Dark Knight Rises when Bane beats Batman’s ass, throws his mask down the drain and took over his city….
        500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rd & Inches View Post
          It’s just like the scene in the Dark Knight Rises when Bane beats Batman’s ass, throws his mask down the drain and took over his city….
          We take The Eagles from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming NovaCare, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great city... it will endure. Gotham will survive!

Comment

Originally posted by Two Gap Penetrator View Post

We take The Eagles from the corrupt! The rich! The oppressors of generations who have kept you down with myths of opportunity, and we give it back to you... the people. Gotham is yours. None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming NovaCare, and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve. For an army will be raised. The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure. Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive, as they learn to serve true justice. This great city... it will endure. Gotham will survive!
            1. The Surianni Revolution and its consequences have been a debacle for the igglephans. They have greatly increased the despondency of those of us who live in “advanced” cities, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected igglephans to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the suburbs to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued dependence on chicken choking will worsen the situation. It will certainly subject igglephans to greater indignities and inflict greater damage on the natural world, it will probably lead to greater social disruption and psychological suffering, and it may lead to increased physical suffering even in “advanced” cities.
            Last edited by Riccardo; 01-08-2024, 02:07 PM.
            "I could buy you." - The Village Idiot

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

was definitely the turning point. During the regular season the Eagles played 3 of the AFC playoff teams - and beat all of them; they played 4 of the NFC playoff teams and beat 3 of them.

Comment

“I’m Philadelphia’s reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you all have been living on”- Deebo
                  500 internet fights, that's the number I figured when I first joined igglephans. 500 internet fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate internet-tough guy. You need them for experience, to develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then...after...you realize that's what you are.

Comment

Working...
                  X